Author Topic: A New Development?  (Read 12393 times)

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: A New Development?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 03:42 PM »
I've been using a camping stove for cooking currys for years, the cannisters can be had for

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 04:38 PM »
I've been using a camping stove for cooking currys for years, the cannisters can be had for

littlechilie

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Hi Stephen, with summer coming  ;) why not buy yourself a cheap  metal bucket and find some cardboard tubing. Build yourself a nice little rocket stove fella  8) you can run it off some twigs and sticks for next to nothing.. you

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28 PM »
Looks great LC but not sure my flat would accommodate it!

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Hi Stephen, I've just popped in here after years of just getting on with my curry cooking having been inspired by my time in The Ashoka kitchen all those years ago. As a Glaswegian, I've always wanted to recreate the Scottish or West of Scotland taste so was delighted to find that you were still on here doing your thing and in this case sharing your encounter with your St Andrews Chef. I came in as I am having some neighbours around and they don't seem to do curry much so I am thinking of giving them a CTM and thought I would find an actual BIR Recipe but having only been in a few minutes it seems that the site has veered away from our passions way back in my day on here. Anyway, maybe you could direct me to an authentic CTM recipe or indeed someone else reading this could too. I am delighted to see so many of the original stalwarts still sharing in their passion. I've also been inspired to check in as I've just assembled a new Gas Webber BBQ and looking forward to doing all sorts of stuff on it. Like you I have been using Induction for years now and I still get wonderful comments from friends and family for what I produce. All the best from deepest Kent.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 04:31 PM »
While you're here, Panpot, may I thank you for your pre-cooked lamb post (circa 2009), which I use frequently and produces superb results.

I have never found a satisfactory CTM recipe so will be interested also.

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Cheers Garp, I got that from the chief chef of the Glasgow Ashoka Chain. I still use it myself too.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 10:25 AM »
I've just popped in here after years of just getting on with my curry cooking having been inspired by my time in The Ashoka kitchen all those years ago.   All the best from deepest Kent.
Welcome back, Panpot
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:56 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 11:02 PM »
Hi Stephen, I've just popped in here after years of just getting on with my curry cooking having been inspired by my time in The Ashoka kitchen all those years ago. As a Glaswegian, I've always wanted to recreate the Scottish or West of Scotland taste so was delighted to find that you were still on here doing your thing and in this case sharing your encounter with your St Andrews Chef. I came in as I am having some neighbours around and they don't seem to do curry much so I am thinking of giving them a CTM and thought I would find an actual BIR Recipe but having only been in a few minutes it seems that the site has veered away from our passions way back in my day on here. Anyway, maybe you could direct me to an authentic CTM recipe or indeed someone else reading this could too. I am delighted to see so many of the original stalwarts still sharing in their passion. I've also been inspired to check in as I've just assembled a new Gas Webber BBQ and looking forward to doing all sorts of stuff on it. Like you I have been using Induction for years now and I still get wonderful comments from friends and family for what I produce. All the best from deepest Kent.

Hi Panpot - Re CTM

My daughter always praises this CTM, I think it is very close to what I get locally. The recipe doesn't include the chicken tikka, but I use Pat Chapman Tandoori Masala. I mix the chicken into natural yoghurt that has had, garlic-ginger paste, mint, salt, cumin powder and a squeeze of lemon juice added to it, as well as the PC Tandoori Masala.

Here's my sauce recipe using Taz base but you could use any base and adjust the cooking method to suit.

Tikka Masala Sauce with Taz Base

Ingredients:

300ml Taz base gravy
1 tsp BE spice mixture

Offline JarvisMadras

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 12:11 AM »
Can I ask what BE spice mixture is without having to search the forum ?

Looks a good recipe this . . . Many thanks

©2024 Curry Recipes