Author Topic: Recipe request for a North East England Bengali Resturant Curry Base?  (Read 6293 times)

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hoping someone can help who may have a recipe for a curry base used by a Bengali Resturant in North East England? Most resturants in the North East of England are Bengali owned and the region has it's own taste which may differ from other parts of the UK.

I was in a resturant in the West of Scotland (most of which are Punjabi) and was chatting to the owner and said I really miss the Bengali currys in the North East of England and he was like "how can you possibly like them? Punjabi currys are far far better!!" and could not understand it?

But anyhow I am hoping to be able to make my own North East England Bengali curry style, hoping someone may have a recipe? or even a base sauce recipe from another Bengali resturant in the UK

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Check out Chewytikkas stuff on this forum and

https://www.youtube.com/user/myshuvids

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks so much!!! Chewytikkas is exactly what I was looking for. I was watching his videos but is there anywhere he has the recipes written down?

Is there anyway to ask Chewytikkas if he happens to know of a Kebab chilli sauce recipe that is used by the Kebab shops in his area as he knows all the North East England Curry recipes so maybe he knows a kebab chilli sauce recipe used by one of the Kebab shops in his area?
The kebab chilli sauces in the North East England are amazing, they cook it with all fresh ingrediants! Or maybe Chewytikkas can find out as I no longer live in the area sadly. Maybe Chewytikkas knows someone who owns a kebab shop if he doesnt already know a recipe. I moved to Scotland from the N East England they make chilli sauce with ketchup and chilli powder which is awful in my opinion but in the N East England they use all fresh ingrediants.

Offline Les

• View Profile
PM him.

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks,  just sent him a PM, hope he sees it, does he stll use the forum?

What base gravy recipe does he use for the Chicken Rogan Josh BIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0QRJef1ac

Can you buy curry base gravy from anywhere ready made as I cant/dont have time to make it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:47 PM by CURRYISNICE »

Offline Les

• View Profile
Thanks,  just sent him a PM, hope he sees it, does he stll use the forum?

What base gravy recipe does he use for the Chicken Rogan Josh BIR

Q1 yes, last post on here May 5
Q2 don't know

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile
Check out Chewytikkas stuff on this forum and

https://www.youtube.com/user/myshuvids
I tried Chewytikkas Chicken Rogan Josh and it was amazing!!! Hope he will post on here again sometime soon. Thank you for letting me know about Chewytikkas recipes! I followed it and honestly tasted just like a resturant curry.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
.......was chatting to the owner and said I really miss the Bengali currys in the North East of England ..........

What curry houses did you frequent whilst in the North of England.? Always up for a decent  new one to try.

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile
.......was chatting to the owner and said I really miss the Bengali currys in the North East of England ..........

What curry houses did you frequent whilst in the North of England.? Always up for a decent  new one to try.

So sorry I did not get your reply!!!!

Wow so many there I would recomend to be honest. Rajnagar Bangladeshi Kitchen, Taste Of India Bengal Cuisine and New New Bengal are 3 of my favs!!!! The bhunas there are amazing!!!

©2024 Curry Recipes