Author Topic: Eating veteran - forum newbie  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Babysunface

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Eating veteran - forum newbie
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Greetings fellow curry freaks!

I have been following the forum for some time so thought I should finally get involved.

I have been obsessed with curry from a very young age (even earning me curry themed birthday cards from 8 years old!) Growing up in Oldham, I was fortunate enough to taste some of the best curry (I believe) around 2, 3,4 times a week! (or more let's face it)

Now... about 2 years ago, I made the unfortunate decision to move to Leeds and have since moved to Bradford. In this time I have tried...maybe over 100 curries in the Leeds/Bradford area. And none have been able to replicate that Manchester BIR taste that I love.

So...I decided I would just have to learn to make it myself! I have had some success with the recipes on YouTube from Julian and H4ppy and my beloved Al's Kitchen! However, they have still not hit the mark 100%, likely down to my own technique rather than the recipes.

I have since made a very long (bible like) list of some of the recipes I am going to try from this forum and intend to keep you all updated with pictures and learning points.

That's enough of my rambling. Look forward to joining in!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Eating veteran - forum newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Welcome aboard, BSF.  There is no doubt (to my mind) that each of us "imprints" on the curries we experience at the outset of our curry-eating voyage of discovery, and any curry that fails to evoke memories of those halcyon days is bound to disappoint.  I wish you well in your quest to re-create the Manchester curries of yore, but you may (like me) eventually come to accept that a perfect re-creation will never be possible and therefore start to look elsewhere.  For me, my curry future now lies (I think) in traditional Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Nepali fare; I may cook a simple Kris Dhillon BIR taste=alike from time to time, but I am now more interested in exploring the traditional repertoire.

** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Eating veteran - forum newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Welcome sir.

Looking forward to seeing and reading about your results.

©2024 Curry Recipes