Author Topic: BIR Staff Curry  (Read 7138 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
BIR Staff Curry
« on: November 23, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Down at Zeera, local Indian Restaurant
The Chef knocked up Staff Curry for the two of us in 30minutes
Chicken Shatkora (Bengali Favourite) with steamed Basmati Rice.
Spot on.

Inspired cooking
cheers Chewy

Bobdylan

Re: BIR Staff Curry
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:52 PM »
Chicken Shatkora (Bengali Favourite) Sounds divine ChewyTikka, thanks for the inspiring photos.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:23 PM »
Sorry to go off tangent...

I was trying to find your staff curry recipe, the one which is either a roast chicken staff curry and uses fried chicken or visa versa, but can't seem to find it on the site. I did it a couple of times  years ago and wanted to do it again.

Must try to source some shatkora as it's one thing I've never tried....and I have visitors from the U.K at Christmas.

Looking good.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:29 PM »
How is the Shatkora added Chewy? As fresh fruit or a Shatkora pickle?  I'll be able to buy a pickle (maybe) but I'm pretty sure the fruit will be a no show around here.

Bing

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Nice one chewy T, I was waiting all day on Spanish Inquisition starting up how to prove is shatkora. Curry on...

Bobdylan

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 08:40 PM »
https://youtu.be/_Xz-x3OGXoE I am curious to know if you are cooking in a outdoor curryhut in the video link above? The slight echo to the radio and the catering splashback have me intrigued. Your curry base looks amazing as is all your input, are you still using the one pot cooker for gravy and meats also do you recommend it?  Are you the owner of the restaurant in the posting Zeera Chewy? Sorry for so many questions.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 10:02 PM »
I watched this YouTube video yesterday on Bengali Shatkora Curry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOz_0ghoFps 
It was interesting to see what the cook / presenter did with the Shatkora fruit.  She cut it into wedges and sat it to char roast over a lit gas burner on her hob.  She says it removes the bitterness, strengthens the aroma and releases and improves the flavour.  This curry could be similar to what CT has posted above, albeit more traditional in style.  I wonder if the same technique works on lemons and limes.  I imagine it would do.  I microwave lemons before juicing to release more juice.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Bing. Their main weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. 2 . 2 main weapons.>>>>>

The other one I'll leave alone.  ???  But now that the gate is open,  ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Bing. Their main weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear

Singularly apposite, since I read almost exactly the same words in bed last night in Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon :

The knock on Rudolf von Hackelberger's door had come at four o'clock in the morning, a time exploited by the Gestapo for its psychological effect.  Rudy is wide awake.  Even if bombers had not been pounding Berlin all night long, he would have been awake, because he has n either seen nor heard from Angelo in three days.  He throws a dressing gown over his pyjamas, steps into slippers, and opens the door of his flat to reveal, predictably, a small, prematurely withered man backed up by a couple of classic Gestapo killers in long black leather coats.

"May I proffer an observation ?" says Rudy von Hackelberger.

"But of course, Herr Doktor Professor.  As long as it is not a state secret, of course".

"In the old days

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Sorry to go off tangent...

I was trying to find your staff curry recipe, the one which is either a roast chicken staff curry and uses fried chicken or visa versa, but can't seem to find it on the site. I did it a couple of times  years ago and wanted to do it again.

Must try to source some shatkora as it's one thing I've never tried....and I have visitors from the U.K at Christmas.

Looking good.
Link sent Fried, enjoy.

How is the Shatkora added Chewy? As fresh fruit or a Shatkora pickle?  I'll be able to buy a pickle (maybe) but I'm pretty sure the fruit will be a no show around here.

NOT Pickle
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:21 PM by Admin »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 02:05 PM »
You have been banned from other forums for the same activity,

In your dreams, CT.   Perhaps you'd care to tell me (and fellow CR0 members) from which other forums I have allegedly been banned, with some proof of same.  Or in simpler language "put up, or shut up".

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:57 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes