Author Topic: Slightly confused  (Read 5060 times)

Offline TikkaTai

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly confused
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Well I certainly didn't expect to cause any discord with my post!.

As Bowie once sang "We're absolute beginners" so ask stupid questions often & be grateful someone reaches out to help through our early fumblings! We can only get better (you'd hope) ....... If I have to dump it & start again so be it. Its all a learning curve, but also a better learning curve if you have a chance to correct for future curry cooking experiences as Livo suggested.

By the way I'm a she not a he Sverige .. women love & cook curries too :D

Your right Les & thank you .. cooking a curry should be a joy not a bible, just have to have an understanding which I'm working on

Kind regards, Tai

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:56 AM »
A dumped base is not a sign of failure.  Who said anything about mistakes being the reason for a dumped base?  Even if there are mistakes, they always have been, and will continue to be, an integral part of progress.  In the kitchen I often paint outside the numbers and blur the lines. How boring it would be to just assemble dishes instead of create taste. I view recipes as hints, guidance, ideas and research. These are essential elements of the design process. There is a difference between a curry kitchen and a sausage factory.

Tikkatai, I assure you that a good look at what you have, and reflection on what you wanted will present solutions. There will always be more than one path to choose so try a couple. Sometimes deliberately trying to make faults will show the best solution. I have done many little micro-cooks for experimental analysis, just to see what happens.  There is no harm in trying something and finding it didn't work. There is nothing gained by not trying.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 12:46 PM »

Your right Les & thank you .. cooking a curry should be a joy not a bible, just have to have an understanding which I'm working on

Kind regards, Tai

You are welcome young lady, And just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, take your time, think about what you are doing, and you will get there, you learn by mistakes. now you go girl. :)

©2024 Curry Recipes