Author Topic: How do you know when you are "there" ?  (Read 34946 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: How do you know when you are "there" ?
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2019, 12:23 PM »
The "Reply" dialogue box is the one in which you typed your reply !  Did you install british_english_dictionary-1.19.1.1-typefix-sm+tb+fx.xpi ?  I installed both it and Marco Pinto's British English dictionary, as well as Dao Gottwald's Dictionary Switcher, but it was only after installing the first of these (which was actually the last to be installed) that I could finally select British English by using right-click / select languages / English (United Kingdom).  This message also sent from Waterfox just to confirm that it still works in  glorious (techni) colour !

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Did you install british_english_dictionary-1.19.1.1-typefix-sm+tb+fx.xpi ?

I followed a link which I thought had done that but apparently not. Where can I find and this file and how do I install it?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2019, 01:08 PM »
'Tis here, Santa.  If you visit that page using Waterfox, you should see a button "+ Add to Firefox" (I don't. I see "<Dustbin-icon> Remove", because I have already installed it).

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 02:28 PM »
'Tis here, Santa.  If you visit that page using Waterfox, you should see a button "+ Add to Firefox"

Ok, so I know I was doing the right thing then. But I still have no option other than American English and a search for that file shows it is not present.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 03:00 PM »
Well, try adding Marco's dictionary and the Language Switcher; those three are all I have.  Incidentally, do you still see "+ Add to Firefox" or do you now see "<Dustbin icon> Remove" ?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 03:11 PM »
Back on topic.  I see that in Andy's very first post (Andy's post being the one that was missing), he wrote :

It is quite true to say that all can be reproduced at home if one has a tandoor of course or should I say most can be reproduced at home with very near tandoor produced items done in an oven/grill/pan.

There are of course methods adopted in the cooking to get that required consistant taste one expects and of course things like evaporated milk in Korma and tomato soup in chicken tikka massala and the very careful flavour enhancing in 90 per cent of all dishes.

I have stressed the part that most struck me ...

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2019, 03:15 PM »
And back off topic.

Well, try adding Marco's dictionary and the Language Switcher;

Marco's dictionary? Language switcher? You've lost me completely now. (You mean Marco pinto? I've installed that.)

Incidentally, do you still see "+ Add to Firefox" or do you now see "<Dustbin icon> Remove" ?

I see "Remove" so it is installed and also enabled.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2019, 03:37 PM »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Right, so I've got British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto) installed and enabled and now Dictionary Switcher installed and enabled. No difference! Still only have English (United States) as a selectable language option. It also says in Dictionary Switcher that it displays the current language in the status bar. I don't have that either.  :o

I've found a peculiarity. I'll try to post a pic so you can see it as it's easy to do that than explain. Give me a while.

See there's a tick against something that is greyed out. I'm guessing that that should be my BrE dictionary? It's not selectable. Any ideas?

Edit: D'oh, ignore that, I'd added another BrE dictionary and that greyed out bar disappeared when i removed it so it was down to that. So i'm still stuck with only English (United States).  :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:57 PM by Secret Santa »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 04:36 PM »

©2024 Curry Recipes