Author Topic: "the largest defeat for a sitting government in history"  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: "the largest defeat for a sitting government in history"
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 02:22 PM »

Donald Brasco, if there is an underlying plan in any of this, who would you say is calling the shots? An individual, several, the Party machine or, for the conspiracy theorists, possibly the Bilderberg group or the World Bank. This may appear to be a flippant question but in fact it isn't. If your theory is correct, the strings are being pulled from somewhere.  Either that or it really is just lurching along out of control, in which case nobody can tell where it goes from here.

Unless you expect me to admit to being a member of the illuminati, which is something I hardly ever do in public, my answer to your question has to be "how could I possibly know?"

Or as Francis Urquhart put it "You might think that, Mattie

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Well I said at the start that it'd probably go to another referendum and I still think that's the case. Interestingly though, if that is the outcome, I was just reading that the demographic has changed in the intervening two years such that the vote would swing in favour of remain. It's because there are now more voting age youngsters, who are majority remain, and there are fewer old brexiteers because they've gone to meet their maker (who presumably resides in the very depths of hell).

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 05:14 PM »
[T]here are fewer old brexiteers because they've gone to meet their maker (who presumably resides in the very depths of hell).

Nonsense, Sir
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:14 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 08:38 PM »
I was interested to see David Cameron's footpath interview yesterday. He has no regrets on calling the referendum but has regrets over the difficulty it has created in the decided outcome being so far unachievable. That's a bit like having no regrets making the decision to have a wedding, but regretting having obtained a spouse as a result. As a politician he likes the political process but is none too thrilled with the societal implications, particularly after it possibly didn't go exactly to plan.

No wonder he bailed out immediately. 

DB, I suspected the illuminati but had no idea you were in on it.  8)  But seriously, I wasn't expecting you to actually know.  However, if this isn't Ms May on the seat of her pants, then the path is directed from somewhere. This is the stuff conspiracy theorists thrive on. I'm going to start work on my prepper bunker later this year when the weather cools. 8)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 12:12 AM »
I love it.  ;D

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 03:36 PM »
None of the current parties are worth a vote watching the pathetic performances in the commons & duplicitous ditherer May has to be one of the worst PMs ever

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 03:59 PM »
There is very little I could find there with which I would disagree. 
** Phil.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 08:48 AM »
And this article seems to sum up the whole thing perfectly.
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes