Author Topic: How do you know when to cook...  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
How do you know when to cook...
« on: January 20, 2019, 02:09 AM »
For me, Curry is a Passion, it is a Love and also a necessity for a cheap, nourishing and flavoursome meal.
Some of my family appreciate this and for others the same applies to sausage, bacon, egg & chips (hash browns), which I can agree with on occasion.

For me, the 'itch' is most scratchy when I see a stack of my empty containers.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: How do you know when to cook...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:38 AM »
That's a big pile of empties.  I would quite happily cook and eat curry far more frequently than I do. Unfortunately life often gets in the way.  I regularly have plans for a curry cook only to have them dashed by other family commitments or meal preferences.  Without fail, every time I see a new recipe or video I immediately want to cook it.  Some more so than others.  At other times I just want to experiment and test. 

Having seen these newest videos of Latif's, I now want to extrapolate the non-restaurant style demonstrations over to the use of his base gravy that I now have sitting in the fridge, all dressed up and no place to go. The chicken Korma, CTM and Lamb Madras are on the "to do list", even though we now know that they are not his restaurant recipes.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Well have a crack at that pre-cooked potatoes recipe I put up a while ago. It's easy as pie to do and then you can have a crack at a nice Bombay aloo to use up some of that base gravy from the fridge. Here's a recipe if you don't already have one: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=15088.msg132585#msg132585

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17 AM »
Another one I wanted to do at the time and never got to it.  I'll see how I go this week.  I have some fresh meat and chicken that needs using and very little room in the freezers.  Some nice Bombay Aloo will go down well.

©2024 Curry Recipes