Author Topic: New tv series -Parveens Indian Kitchen  (Read 6872 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New tv series -Parveens Indian Kitchen
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:32 PM »
https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4/parveens-indian-kitchen

Quite interesting

Thanks Ghoulie, we watch so little tv these days that programmes like this come and go without us noticing.

T63

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Drove to Plymouth yesterday to stock up with frozen paratha, and took the opportunity to purchase some more spices.  Amongst other things, I purchased East End brand whole garam masala, and visually it was identical to that which Parveen used, including the European bay.

** Phil.

Incidentally, Lidl Greek (-style) yoghurt is unsweetened yet noticeably less sour than Indian hung yoghurt.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Sourness in curd comes from the amount of time it is left and the temperature it is kept at. Longer times at warmer temperature creates more sour yogurt. If you arrest the culture growth as soon as the curd has set and refrigerate it, you will have a sweet yogurt. If you allow it to continue, you will have sour.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:12 PM by livo »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 10:05 PM »
SBS On-demand TV out here has been broadcasting this show.  Season 1 Episode 7 and 8 were on the other night when I stumbled upon them.  Chicken Pilau from Episode 7 looks like a possibility for tonight's dinner.  I'll be watching the whole season over the next week as I'll be out of action.  Scottish ancestry and Australian lifestyle aren't a good mix, but hopefully it will give me a few days in the kitchen after the initial healing.

©2024 Curry Recipes