Author Topic: I've had an idea for a forum!  (Read 20260 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: I've had an idea for a forum!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 09:28 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:48 PM by curryhell »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 10:55 PM »
Here's an idea for a new Pinned thread in the Newbies section. New members signing up could be advised to "Read This First". 

The Cory Ander story. Early days, the division, the defections,

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2019, 01:47 AM »
Not sure I would go that far but I have spotted at least once, a poster who could have been open about who they really were.

That is not really an option in this case though as I presume, whilst they every 'right' to apply and join, their experience may not be, err, comfortable, if found out (as long as they don't post... tempting as that might be).

BAJ

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2019, 04:42 AM »
BAJ. Don't take me too literally on this one.   ;D  I should have used a few emoticons to show that I was tongue in cheek with the suggestion.    ;) ;) ;)   Well mostly anyhow.  Certainly a knowledge and understanding of the actual history is interesting and adds clarity to an otherwise confused mess, but the notion of it being mandatory is completely in jest. 

You are correct that the possibility exists for anybody to present as a new member in order to infiltrate and monitor the goings on of this forum.  Maybe it has happened before and will again.  A big Cheerio to CA if you're out there reading this.  :D  There are certainly many sleeper members and even some of the new arrivals aren't really that new although there post activity is low (until recently).

When I first joined this forum the wounds were still relatively fresh (less than a year had passed) and I had absolutely no idea what was going on when in numerous threads different members were here and there being cried out as CA in disguise. 8)  Nobody was fooled apparently, but I still don't how many, if any, were actually him. Perhaps it was actually him or maybe at least a few innocent newbies were left bewildered and confused at being accused thus.

If Mel Brooks were to make History of the World Part 2, this episode would surely get a run as a potential feature.

I see one of his last postings make reference to the antipodeans so maybe he is down here close to home.  I wonder what he thinks of Australian curry.

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 06:41 AM »
I do feel a bit sorry for CA, as he must be the most persecuted man in home curry cooking forum history. Every man and his dog seems to want to have a dig and it all stems from the fact that he wasn

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 10:42 AM »
I do feel a bit sorry for CA, as he must be the most persecuted man in home curry cooking forum history. Every man and his dog seems to want to have a dig and it all stems from the fact that he wasn

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 12:08 PM »

I've read in a few places now that he lives and runs his site from here in Australia.  The crafty blighter!  Is there any truth to this? 

Yes, that is true, well at least it is understood that he lived there when he was on this site.

Every man and his dog seems to want to have a dig and it all stems from the fact that he wasn

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2019, 12:11 PM »

I agree with the points you have raised, I am sure his ego will bring him here to find out what is being said, hopefully common sense will allow him to read, digest, and take on board the constructive criticism he finds and have something positive come out of it.
Its sad that he permanently bans people who were and are continueing to gently try and show him the error of his ways.

That's very optimistic, and positive spirited of you mickyp. I think though he lacks self-awareness in abundance, so I suspect that this will not happen. He will seek to apportion blame to others, just like a certain '45'. Covfefe.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2019, 12:37 PM »
Not bothered either way who joins, lurks or supposedly returns to cR0, as it is a free and open forum.
It would be nice to think they bring new and original content with them, to add to this resource.
But I doubt that to be the case as the Les Jones (CA) site was a blatant copy of cR0 in the first place.
Furthermore he did not break any original ground with it, just a load of expats trying to make a curry they remember eating somewhere over the rainbow.

How many of the refugees are expats and how many cR0 membars are still members of CAs site and are paying to be remainers there.

CA did do an enjoyable video of him trying to make Pilau rice
Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/uGYNuKhKDOs?t=176

cheers Chewy

__ DB your talking BS

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2019, 01:08 PM »
For any new members, CT is our version of CA.

©2024 Curry Recipes