Author Topic: I've had an idea for a forum!  (Read 20272 times)

Offline Mark Yeadon

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I've had an idea for a forum!
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Im so glad the said aforementioned forum is been been lambasted, i was a member and found the main man ( we all know who it is) to be a very rude and had little man syndrome!!!

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2019, 10:51 AM »
I

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Donald's assessment seems very fair and balanced to me, but I don't think that it is in this site's best interests if we use its resources to discuss former members.  May I therefore respectfully request that we regard this topic as closed, and move on to more relevant and interesting discussions ?

** Phil.

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2019, 12:37 PM »
Donald's assessment seems very fair and balanced to me, but I don't think that it is in this site's best interests if we use its resources to discuss former members.  May I therefore respectfully request that we regard this topic as closed, and move on to more relevant and interesting discussions ?

** Phil.

I don't think I've every disagreed with a post you've made, until now.

Whilst the other site is still running, there will always be a trickle of leavers who will end up here.
Some might have put work in to documentating, photographing and posting their own recipes on the other site, only to find themselves banned and no longer able to access their own work. Meanwhile they know the site owner is charging newcomers to view someone' else's work.

Ask yourself, are those people going to be just slightly annoyed?

If they end up here, do they want someone to say, "the topic is closed, move on" ?

Or do they want someone to say, "Hey newcomer, welcome! Pull up a chair, have a cup of tea, and tell us all about it. Get it off your chest, and after that we'll tell you what a great friendly community we are, and how warmly we welcome you".

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Many thanks for your comments, JT, which are much appreciated.  I genuinely believed that such discussion was not helpful (particularly if it focusses on an individual), but if you disagree then others may as well, so I would seek guidance from Yousef as to what site policy is (or should be) on such matters.

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Some might have put work in to documentating, photographing and posting their own recipes on the other site, only to find themselves banned and no longer able to access their own work.

When you signed up to the site there no doubt was a clause giving total ownership of all posts to the site owner. You either failed to read it or ignored it and thus paid the price. Life lesson. Move on. And also be glad that this forum is so accommodating to those who have [moderated: "chosen to return here after becoming disillusioned with the other place"].
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:53 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2019, 01:49 PM »
Some might have put work in to documentating, photographing and posting their own recipes on the other site, only to find themselves banned and no longer able to access their own work.

When you signed up to the site there no doubt was a clause giving total ownership of all posts to the site owner. You either failed to read it or ignored it and thus paid the price. Life lesson. Move on.

Um, I have to admit to having never posted my recipes on the other forum.
My post was speaking from a position of altruism. I don't doubt you will need to look that one up. Yes, dig was intended   :evil:

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2019, 02:31 PM »
When you signed up to the site there no doubt was a clause giving total ownership of all posts to the site owner. You either failed to read it or ignored it and thus paid the price. Life lesson. Move on. And also be glad that this forum is so accommodating to those who have [moderated: "chosen to return here after becoming disillusioned with the other place"].

Yes, probably something like:

14) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant Curry-Recipes.co.uk non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images.

:cool:

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2019, 04:02 PM »
I do believe I meandered into said site thinking it would be a friendly curry orientated good natured forum. How wrong can one be.  Insulting members seemed to be the main objective for more than one person there - so much so - being on the receiving end, I beat a hasty retreat, incurring a ban for my farewell comments. C

©2024 Curry Recipes