Author Topic: Chilli Grow 2019  (Read 13086 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli Grow 2019
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 10:31 PM »
Finally getting some signs of ripening on the greenhouse Bhut Jolokia.

I brought it's much smaller cousin indoors about two weeks ago and ripening up nicely.

Also took most of the rest of the Jalapenos and Cayennes off - should get a jar of pickled Jalapenos and a bottle of sauce from them.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:10 PM by Garp »

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 07:33 PM »
they all look absolutely fantastic! Well done. So what's the plan for next year?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Cheers Pete.

Going to keep the small Bhut Jolokia and see if it survives the winter indoors. Not sure about what else. My tomatoes have been shite so will limit them to two plants and maybe grow more chillies, but not sure yet.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Brought the Bhut Jolokia indoors from the greenhouse as I wasn't sure if the fruits would ripen with the colder nights we've been getting. Seems to have worked :)

Don't know what I'm going to do with them all though, other than make some chilli sauce.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Ive got the same problem here, i was thinking of putting them in the oven to dry them out 50c overnight and whizz them into powder, maybe make a mix, making sure i dont breathe any in lol

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 11:02 PM »
Nice crop mate. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Well as its hacking it down im going to go into the cabin and retrieve my Dorset Naga chillies and paper lantern chillies, i will dry them out,  grind them separately and store the powder and treat it like gunpowder, measure carefully, i think its the most efficient way and gives hopefully longetivity to my crop, the other thought is to blend and get a mixed flavour of the chilli powder.

I will then cut the plants back to try and overwinter them, not managed it yet, fickle creatures they are.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Drying out the Naga"s and some other hot's in the oven at 50 deg C, well that's another new experience, maybe doing them overnight is not such a bad idea, its like walking into a room used to charge a load of car batteries that have been bubbling away. still i will try anything once as they say.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 06:40 PM »
 :like:

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 09:03 AM »
So they were sliced open andhave been on since midday yesterday and have still not dried out.....other half has said its not happening next year :sad:

©2024 Curry Recipes