Author Topic: Not quite the usual..  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Not quite the usual..
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:57 PM »
I'm quite concerned how you came across this little gem.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:09 AM »
I've only ever come across 3 and they weren't on my ingredient list.

Actually, the latter 2 of them I never really had anything to do with at all..  First one was a long and interesting experience, After that, enough said.

Does anybody discuss BIR curry anymore?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 09:19 AM »
The other site is apparently dead to those who do not pay and this one is looking pretty sad..  I could cook some curry and take a photo but what's the point?

George, Phil. anybody????  , At least Garp is still watching.  What about you Sverige?   Are you there?    Is anybody home?

I might start a thread on naan bread.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 10:06 AM »
I'm here
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:28 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 03:12 PM »
I am still here, still reading and still cooking.  Mostly tried and tested that we like but also a lot more experimentation after Chewy's comments several months ago.

BIR curry? No. Mainly pork based variations of the dishes I like best and so no reason to post them here although the Pork Balti was particularly delicious.

BAJ.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Reason for my post is because I've been participating in other forums that are in high activity and when I look in here there is virtually nothing new.   I've been busy myself and understand this completely.  I've been practising high volume as the next round of feeding 50 is coming up soon.  I did a 10 portion butter chicken a few days ago and it was pretty good.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 11:48 PM »
I've been participating in other forums that are in high activity ...
But are these curry-related fora (or even food related) or are they fora dedicated to other fields where (perhaps) there is still a great deal to be learned ?

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 10:46 PM »
One in particular in a round about way you could say food related, or at least beverage. The very old craft has many novices joining in which creates a very active forum.  Others are related to more industrial processes and there are always people asking for help and others providing it.  I just noticed that the participation level here had dropped off a bit again, as it has done in the past.  I know I haven't been doing much in the way of curry lately.  There is a lot on youtube now which possibly is a contributing factor to less forum activity.

I was once a member of another forum on a different topic that one day simply stopped.  Facebook happened and everybody just left. Nobody turned the lights out or shut the door for a few years. I used to go on and check every now and then and I was able to keep using the PM system for a long time to stay in touch with a friend but there were simply no new posts.  People didn't suddenly stop going fishing or bragging about it.  They simply found a different method of sharing the common interest.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 11:12 AM »
George, Phil. anybody????  ,

I still look in here every few weeks and make the occasional post but, yes, my interest/obsession has dropped right off. At home I haven't prepared a BIR style curry for perhaps 2 years. Now I know how to do it, the challenge has gone with very little more to prove. In my case, it's not a case of moving over to Facebook or anywhere else. I don;t use any of them. .

©2024 Curry Recipes