Author Topic: Chicken Garlic Chilli Restaurant Style  (Read 2145 times)

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Garlic Chilli Restaurant Style
« on: September 15, 2019, 11:30 AM »
I cooked this recipe from Youtube by Latifs Inspired  last week as this is what I always order when we go for a curry.
I doubled up the quantities so using 10 green chillies (we like it hot) and being careful not to completely double the chilli powder, I used chicken drumsticks and thighs, taking off the skin first. The base I used was his too.

The result was a definite thumbs up from my husband who has declared it his favourite and was even better when left overnight and eaten the following day. I think this chap is doing a great job  by showing us the inside of an actual restaurant and sharing his knowledge with the rest of us. Has anyone else tried his  recipes yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEPEB8IOlBs

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Garlic Chilli Restaurant Style
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:44 AM »
I confess I have not, Anita, but on your recommendation I may well do so in the future.  May I ask why you removed the skin from the drumsticks and thighs ?  Is it the texture that you dislike ?  For me, the skin is the best part !

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:48 AM »
I made his chicken kahari a while back, it was great. Agree that the skin adds plenty flavour (as does the bone), but Phil's lucky enough not to be weightwatching  :)

...now, how long before someone says "but it's not BIR!"  :P

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Phil, , as Onions states, purely to eliminate some of the calories in the recipe and personally I hate the texture of the cooked skin. Another factor of this chef's  attraction for me is how he adds water from time to time instead of the usual oil or ghee making for a more healthy curry..

©2024 Curry Recipes