Author Topic: How many ml per portion of base do you freeze?  (Read 12103 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: How many ml per portion of base do you freeze?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 01:25 PM »

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Always 500ml - I always make a double portion of curry when I cook

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2019, 05:10 PM »
So I think we

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2019, 11:37 PM »
I've just made 14 litres of modified JB and will freeze some. Cooking for 40 tomorrow and Tuesday for lunch.  I usually freeze in 400 ml T/A containers like the ones CT uses and for the same reason.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 09:04 AM »
No Sverige. Standard home kitchen. 3 1/2 days of solid prep and work. Lots of curry splatter and I've got yellow clothes and bench tops..  I did it 4 years ago and stupidly agreed to do it again.  The plus is that I had to do a small trial run last night.  Delicious. Yesterday I made the Base Gravy, boned out 3 legs of lamb for about 5 kg of diced meat and diced 6 kg of chicken thigh and breast fillet among other things.
Today I did the 6 kg of pre-cooked chicken, reduced 5 litres of base gravy with some basic ingredients for the chicken dish. Tomorrow is a big push to pre-cook the lamb and make the curries complete as well as deep frying the Sri Lankin Cutlis (potato and beef mince balls). Tuesday morning is Rice time and get everything warmed up for delivery and consumption at lunch.
I've also done a dahl in the pressure cooker but I'm cheating on the naan and buying frozen.  Still need to do some sides as well.  My wife is cooking papadams at school with the kids.
Fingers crossed it will work,  It did last time.

Offline deerstalker36

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 09:58 AM »
No Sverige. Standard home kitchen. 3 1/2 days of solid prep and work. Lots of curry splatter and I've got yellow clothes and bench tops..  I did it 4 years ago and stupidly agreed to do it again.  The plus is that I had to do a small trial run last night.  Delicious. Yesterday I made the Base Gravy, boned out 3 legs of lamb for about 5 kg of diced meat and diced 6 kg of chicken thigh and breast fillet among other things.
Today I did the 6 kg of pre-cooked chicken, reduced 5 litres of base gravy with some basic ingredients for the chicken dish. Tomorrow is a big push to pre-cook the lamb and make the curries complete as well as deep frying the Sri Lankin Cutlis (potato and beef mince balls). Tuesday morning is Rice time and get everything warmed up for delivery and consumption at lunch.
I've also done a dahl in the pressure cooker but I'm cheating on the naan and buying frozen.  Still need to do some sides as well.  My wife is cooking papadams at school with the kids.
Fingers crossed it will work,  It did last time.

I'm calling in on the way past to Brisbane lol

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 12:41 AM »
It will be all gone by then.  :D

Crunch time approaching.  Less than an hour and a half to go.  15 Litre stockpot with 12 litres of Mango Chicken, another with 10 litres of Mild Lamb Curry, 120 deep fried Cutlis, the first of 3 one kilogram Pilau rice is done,  The sides, naan and papadams are being prepared on site.  Looks like I'll get it done in time to shower and dress for delivery.

I have about 5 litres of left over Base Gravy. I'll take notes this time to better understand portions after feedback.

Made it. All good and the feedback is good so all happy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:38 AM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Well done Livo !
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes