Author Topic: How many ml per portion of base do you freeze?  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How many ml per portion of base do you freeze?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Marathon indeed! Livo, did you manage a photo of the whole lot? (Extra wide lens required!)  :)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 11:56 PM »
Onions, I didn't take a single photo as it was mainly all just big pots and I had no intention of posting any.. The actual lunch function involved mainly school children and there are laws concerning photography of children here now. Even my wife as a teacher is not allowed to have digital images of her students on her mobile phone for anything other than temporary storage before being uploaded to work computer equipment and nothing is allowed to be kept on personal computer or storage devices at home.

Thanks Phil, It was a big effort but it went down well. My wife was receiving text messages last night from fellow staff members who took leftovers home for family.  They loved the food.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Err righto!

Has everyone lost their passion for Big Pots Of Food then?!   8)

Glad it went OK and no-one was arrested  :)

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 11:36 PM »
My wife recently took over management, of a recently acquired contract for a primary school kitchen (5 yro - 11 yro), where the management were weak and not doing the job.

As part of that, the food must be prepared and delivered on time and to the agreed menu and for this, she must take mobile phone pictures of the food, every day, as presented... I am guessing that if there was any dispute of date and time then this would be available from the metadata of each photo.

The photo's are uploaded to the school but also kept for a while until they can be uploaded to the company database as well.

I understant your point Livo and rules is rules but if there are no children present, as in my wifes case, then the photo's should have been OK and maybe could have been agreed with the relevant staff?

I only mention this as it seems a shame that we cannot see all the hard work you went to and you have no record of it.

Regards,
BAJ

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 02:11 AM »
To be honest I didn't really have time to worry about photographing it.  Once it was all cooked and heated I simply delivered it in my big Eskies (cooler boxes) and left.  My wife and the other staff were still preparing naan and pappadams so it wasn't served until 15 minutes after I left it there.  Still hot too by the way.  I'm sorry if I've not lived up to expectations, but it really was a matter of do it and get it done on time.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 09:46 AM »
No problem Livo, asham, but as BAJ said, purely as an opportunity to show off the product of your enslavement over the stove!  Nice one though, just the sheer numbers make me sweat  :)

Offline spadge

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Just under a mug full.... 200ml
I pop a mug on the scales, shove a freezer bag inside and then zero the scales.... all set up!
pour off to half inch or so from the top and it should be around 200ml. No need to weigh really but I'm a bit OCD

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2020, 12:10 PM »
For Taz base I freeze 400ml in single portion containers.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2020, 12:46 PM »
I never freeze base (I need the freezer space for more important things
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:48 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes