Author Topic: (Happy) Happy Christmas 2019  (Read 2039 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
(Happy) Happy Christmas 2019
« on: December 25, 2019, 07:42 PM »
Interesting use of naming. Bombay, now Mumbai is the capitol city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. Financial capitol of India,  Bollywood,  Bombay bottle Masala. Central west coast, mainly Hindu with a minority Christian population. Hardly The Punjab. Punjab is several states away, bordering Pakistan in the area under the mountains and Kashmir. Mainly Sikh.  Maybe it should be called Chandigarh Sweet Centre.

It's an unusual claim for restaurant to make that eating there leaves the customer hungry for more. When I go out to eat that's the last thing I'd expect or want.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 08:58 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: (Happy) Happy Christmas 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 07:07 AM »
Who did this? Our Morrison's review committee or the new administrator?  Ah, I see it was the former.

Did I upset your Christian joyous fervor Phil? This is an abuse of your power.  Many people in the Global community are not Christian, or for that matter spiritual at all.  I'm an agnostic and you have discriminated against me.  You are a "Global Moderator" as you so frequently point out to the rest of the bods. All hail Phil the Global Moderator. 

When I posted that it was Boxing Day here.  Global time difference Phil.  Many people in the BIR community I would imagine are Muslim and do not celebrate Christmas so your choice to sanction my post on the basis of your religious beliefs is inappropriate and a clear abuse of your role in editing and controlling the forum.

If you read over my posts over the years a common point I've made is with the nomenclature of things Indian.  This post is no different.  It is an odd use of the title Bombay (Mumbai) to sell food which as pete said was Punjabi cuisine.  I did not and cannot comment on the quality or experience of the meal.  It is also a statement of fact that it is unusual for a restaurant to make claim to the fact that eating there leaves the diner hungry for more.

"Our results are fresh, mouth-watering dishes packed with vibrant flavours and colours which results in customers hungry for more! "
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:41 AM by livo »

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Who did this? Our Morrison's review committee or the new administrator?  Ah, I see it was the former.

Did I upset your Christian joyous fervor Phil? This is an abuse of your power.  Many people in the Global community are not Christian, or for that matter spiritual at all.  I'm an agnostic and you have discriminated against me.  You are a "Global Moderator" as you so frequently point out to the rest of the bods. All hail Phil the Global Moderator. 

When I posted that it was Boxing Day here.  Global time difference Phil.  Many people in the BIR community I would imagine are Muslim and do not celebrate Christmas so your choice to sanction my post on the basis of your religious beliefs is inappropriate and a clear abuse of your role in editing and controlling the forum.

If you read over my posts over the years a common point I've made is with the nomenclature of things Indian.  This post is no different.  It is an odd use of the title Bombay (Mumbai) to sell food which as pete said was Punjabi cuisine.  I did not and cannot comment on the quality or experience of the meal.  It is also a statement of fact that it is unusual for a restaurant to make claim to the fact that eating there leaves the diner hungry for more.

"Our results are fresh, mouth-watering dishes packed with vibrant flavours and colours which results in customers hungry for more! "

I think its may be offending to those whom are celebrating this Christmas to post such topic name: (not) Merry Christmas

This name doesn

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Clarification.  Post no. 1, from Livo, was originally entitled "Re: Happy Christmas 2019".  All previous message in that thread had been pertinent and relevant to the thread subject, and Livo's was clearly not, so I split it off into a thread of its own.  The system interface did not allow me to provide a new thread subject, so once the split was complete I simply edited the subject field, following the same convention (prefixing "Not") as I sometimes use myself when making an off-topic reply.  Clarification ends.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:47 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Sorry livo I misunderstood. Anyway Phil did that because your post was not relevant to that thread, that's the one and only reason, its not the first time. Our job is to keep the content as focused as possible to what people expect when they enter a certain topic, you can always open a new one if you have new things to take about.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 07:46 PM »

If you wish to tell us your opinion about that restaurant you could
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 08:05 PM by livo »

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 08:06 PM »
The member mentioned his celebration experience, even if it was an Italian or Japanese or any other restaurant, its not a problem, because it

©2024 Curry Recipes