Author Topic: Water levels not rising in Australia  (Read 9969 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Water levels not rising in Australia
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Well the water levels aren't rising, but there is a significant barbecue event going on down here at the moment.  We are now staining New Zealand's glaciers and affecting their air quality over 2000 km away.  Bush meat aplenty and already cooked if you want to eat Koala.  Not much control over the level of spice or smoke though.  Farmers are shooting their scorched domesticated animals where they drop to prevent further suffering.  Reports are that 500 million animals have already perished in NSW alone. Some species will be unable to recover "EVER".  3.5 million hectares of land has already burned and they are predicting Saturday to be worse than any other day yet.  The size of Belgium plus more has already burnt in NSW alone.  All of the country is ablaze.  4000 people are stranded on beaches and the Navy is conducting a mini Dunkirk rescue of selected people in Victoria.

But we continue to sell coal and use accounting tricks based on the Kyoto protocol. Go figure.  Economy over planet in clear view.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Water levels not rising in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 07:16 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/horror-vision-of-the-drive-into-batlow-in-nsw-shows-dozens-of-dead-animals-along-the-road/news-story/2d60856fcc77c3e81f71fbc486873e05

Do not believe the reports you may be reading over there that this is the work of arsonists.  Primarily it is not.  While some of it may be, it is clearly the work of mother nature. These fires are creating their own weather environments.  Dry thunderstorms, lightning, ember attacks up to 15 to 20 km ahead of the fire front. Winds strong enough to flip fire trucks and kill the drivers.  Yes, it happened. Scorching temperatures up to 48.9'C in Western Sydney yesterday and acknowledged as the hottest place on the planet. Penrith, the home of the Penrith Panthers.  I have dead dry burnt black gum leaves dropping on my yard every day. Thankfully not still alight at this stage.

Whole historic townships are being destroyed.  We have the largest ever civil evacuations taking place and the Government has for the first time in history introduced the military into rescue and humanitarian response on our own soil other than defense.

I'm not allowed to light my tandoor but neither would I.  Needless to say I'm not too concerned about my chilli crop or cooking a curry.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:46 AM by livo »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:29 AM »
How's Brexit going?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 08:07 AM »
If the planet's population doesn't see this as as the earliest indicator of global doom, then I'm a glad person that I'm old enough to be probably dead before it really hits the fan.  I fear for my kids and have advised them against procreating a next generation. (How sad is that?  A father telling his daughter's not to have his own grandchildren?)

Jeremy Clarkson has been widely criticized for his review on Australia.  The thing is, apart from his religious spin on it, he is 100% correct. Which means he is absolutely wrong.

God didn't do this as there is no God.  There is no Allah. There is no supreme being. 

We did this to our own planet.  Humans.  It has all taken place here on earth in the last 2 centuries or so since the wonderful age of the Industrial revolution.  No divine intervention to be seen.  The prosperity for mankind (or for a few of them anyway), spelled doom for the planet.  Oil, coal, food and water. Precious metal to secure the value.  Paper money is irrelevant as has been witnessed in several economies.  Pray as hard as you like, no prayers will fix this.  If you believe in God and you are young, prepare to meet your maker.  If you're old and cynical like me, prepare to get older slowly, or maybe not much older.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:03 AM by livo »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 09:17 AM »
https://7news.com.au/news/vic/haunting-devil-face-captured-amid-victorian-bushfires-in-east-gippsland-c-630943

But here is the haunting devil's face in the smoke to keep you non-believers in line.

I think someone saw the face of Christ on a piece of toast once or twice.  Only he wasn't a black negro but perfectly white, just like the textbook Anglo-saxon Jesus we all expect to see from our bible classes and church murals. Funny that, hey? I wonder if the Muslims see Allah in their toast.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Apparently not, according to google.

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Sorry to see you upset like this livo. You

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:14 PM »
I did have a couple of fine whiskeys Donald, however, they are not to be blamed.  I'm still just as upset this morning.  The tipping point is the devastation to the ecology and the shear volume of suffering and death of what was estimated to be over 500 million animals. That was several days ago and the situation has been far worse since, so we can only assume the number has continued to rise, and significantly.

It's estimated that half of the koala population of Kangaroo Island in South Australia, possibly 25000, have perished on a single day along with 2 people. People can mostly flee given adequate warning. For these animals there is no escape. Birds, reptiles, mammals and marsupials are dead in the hundreds of millions and there is no end in sight. Many still remain alive and injured and for those that have survived there is no feed or water.

Clarkson's article was a light-hearted piece about God setting fire to Australia to cover up his mistakes. The fires are proof that the continent is uninhabitable for humans. He invited us all to come back home to the UK,  where it rains all the time and says we'll love it. I don't take it seriously but many have.

Climate change is real. How much of it is anthropogenic will never be known. Can we change it? Probably not. Should we try? Of course. Will it happen?  I doubt it.

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 02:35 AM »
Livo,

I really have no understanding of what it is like over there right now, other than media.  I do however have family in both Secret Harbour, Perth and South Island, New Zealand, so my concerns are real.

I have made my position clear on Climate Change when the boards were quiet, so I don't need to reiterate those views.

The devastation Australia is facing and that Koala's are now 'functionaly extinct', along with probably many other species should be a wake up but unfortunately they have no quantifiable 'VALUE' to those making decisions there and around the world, so you might as well pray to a God for change.

Personally, I do believe there are too many people on the planet and since WWIII would solve the problem irrevocably, it would also destroy everything else, so maybe just a CME of the type that comes around every 100 years or so and which we dodged in 2012 is the answer.

My thoughts are with you, yours and all those effected.  May it end soon.

BAJ

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 08:25 AM »
A CME is presumably a coronal mass ejection, Bob ?

©2024 Curry Recipes