Author Topic: Water levels not rising in Australia  (Read 9856 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Water levels not rising in Australia
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58 PM »
Jesus Christ.  There are some stories that I just won't read, and that is one of them [1].  Another one on which I lit yesterday was "Gorilla shot dead with submachine gun after being burned in zoo fire", and also the earlier story about a gorilla (Harambe) who was shot dead after carrying a boy (who had entered his enclosure) up a ladder out of the moat into which he (the boy) had fallen onto dry land.  I weep for the animals, and I despair for those members of the human race who are capable of such actions.  I do not dispute for one second that the policeman who machine-gunned the burning gorilla believed that his actions were in the gorilla's best interests, and perhaps they were, but nonetheless, what an awful way for an innocent creature to die.

** Phil.
--------
[1] On the other hand, I had no qualms about reading this one, about a man who killed a dog-poisoner by ramming him against a wall with a car.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:31 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 12:41 PM »
My sentiments entirely Phil.  Oddly in this cold weather yesterday up norf, I found a bumble bee on its back in my driveway and detected a slight movement of one of its legs.  Remembering a bee revival article from years back,  I took it indoors and put it into a saucer with some sugar mixed with hot water and pushed its head towards the liquid in the middle of the saucer.  Almost immediately its proboscis flicked into the liquid and it began to drink some of it.  Shortly after, it was able to walk off the saucer.  Placed it among some leaves under my hedge - hoping it survives

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 01:28 PM »
I always do the same with moribund bees, Ghoulie, but being the trusting creature that I am, I put the sugar water in the palm of my hand and let them drink from that, because I find that the warmth of my hand is conducive to their regaining their strength more quickly (I revive mice the same way
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:28 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 02:33 PM »
I bought a humane mouse trap after the cat started letting them go, this little one had a belly full of peanut butter before i let him scamp off, maybe a tad wiser about cats.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Yes, I have half a dozen of those, and two larger versions for Ratty and his friends ...

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Same with Bumble Bees, it never fails to give me a little high when i help one out.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 02:40 PM »
Its a funny thing as one gets older, even growing chillies, curry leaves and stuff, its like bringing new life into the world. creation far better than termination.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 03:07 PM »
I have a 0.22 airsporter bsa rifle for ratty et al

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 03:50 PM »
Well,  I live in the countryside (by choice) and so feel that I should be willing to share it with its natural inhabitants (inc. Ratty).  Rats may well be a problem in towns, but in the countryside they are (IMHO) just a part of the natural ecosystem ...

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 04:41 PM »

BSA Airsporter

Until 1997 i had amongst others a Colt Python :smile:

©2024 Curry Recipes