Author Topic: Ship brand green label madras curry powder  (Read 6986 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ship brand green label madras curry powder
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 01:40 AM »
Yes. It is possible to use this as a mixed curry powder. That's essentially what it is.  Many (possibly most) BIR chef's use a portion of a proprietary brand Madras Curry Powder (Rajah) as 1 ingredient in their own mixed powder along with more Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin etc to make up their own "Special Mixed Powder".  Some would make up their own completely from scratch.

I have and do occasionally use just shop bought Curry Powder.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 02:12 AM »
Have you tried this powder yet Phil?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Still stuck in America, Livo :(  The husband of the friend who kindly agreed to act as forwarding agent opened it in error, so now they have to liaise with the local authorities to find out how it must be re-sealed in order to clear UK border controls !  As he is in hospital and she has injured her back, this is all taking time ...

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Ship brand green label Madras curry powder
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 08:14 PM »
Arrived about three days ago.  Sadly the Kenyan Asian vegetarian book which formed part of the same consignment was "lost" in the post — the cardboard sleeve arrived, apparently slit open along its length.  Sigh.  incidentally I now have four tins of said Ship brand green label Madras curry powder, which I do not anticipate using in this lifetime, so if anyone would like one let me know and I will re-sell it at cost + p&p.
--
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes