Author Topic: The effects of temperature, heat, water vapour, &c. on the succulence of chicken  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Thank you Phil I will have a read, it makes me smile sometimes when you see people in third world cooking and they cook by handed down methods from their elders and somehow without the application of science they got it right.

Well, science started out as an attempt to formalise and codify the rules that govern the things that we and our ancestors have experienced in real life.  After all, we wouldn't expect science to find that the best way to cook steak is to put it in a frying pan at -273C !

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Ensure was perhaps not the best word to use. Blind luck can result in a moist product. All other things being equal why do you think relying on internal temperature cannot ensure the protein is moist? At least more moist than the identical piece of protein cooked to a higher internal temperature

Not sure what led you to think that that was my position, Romain.  Determining the internal temperature is probably the most reliable way of maximising the probability that any one particular piece of meat will be moist, but of course many other factors come into play, the most important being (to my mind) the provenance and subsequent treatment and preparation of the meat itself.  However, I think it is fair to suggest that the average tandoori chef has neither the time, nor the need, to use an internal temperature probe

©2024 Curry Recipes