Author Topic: Chilli grow 2020  (Read 27619 times)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli grow 2020
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2020, 07:59 PM »
In the absence of Naga chilies.

I

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2020, 09:24 PM »
They look great. Will be a long time before mine reach that stage  :uh what:

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Here are four plants which I bought from Aldi for around

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Curry leaf plant flourishing in our baking hot weather.   Chilies starting to flower too and already got jalape

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2020, 08:48 PM »
I don't (try to) grow chillies, as will be evidenced by the absence of any prior contributions to this thread, but I have been growing both parsley and coriander, both with some success.  Unfortunately my early success with the latter was completely negated by Ratty, who decided that baby coriander plants were the perfect appetiser and was seen sitting in the middle of the rather large planter in which they were growing munching away delicately at each one until all were razed to the ground ...

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2020, 07:02 PM »
This was supposed to be a reaper plant but looks more like a Ghost to me. Maybe I have mixed up the labelling!!!!

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2020, 09:52 AM »
Ugly little thing isn't it.  Well done on your green thumb though. I've some early seeds in (winter) but no luck yet.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Same plant - more like a classic Reaper.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2020, 10:13 PM »
 I had to cave in and purchase a heat pad but it worked. My different "peppers" are now germinating so I'm off to an early start being only still mid-winter. Some seed can take 3-5 weeks to rise but having them warm seems to be helping.

I have several different varieties on the go. Capsicum grown from collected seed of bought fruit in red, green and yellow. I have germinated bought seed for red and green cayenne and some jalapeno as well as one called Aussie Red. I also have 2 Indian varieties in Kashmiri and Rajah and yesterday I collected and planted seed from red, orange and yellow sweet baby capsicum. I also collected and planted seed from some Indian grocers whole Kashmiri so I'll be interested to see if they are viable.

Unfortunately, there is some creature, or creatures, that are partial to the Indian varieties with the seed leaves of some plants "disappearing" without explanation almost as soon as they sprouted.  This occurred 3 times on different days to plants sprouted new on the day, outside in the sun and raised off the ground.  It can only be explained as an insect attack but I have no idea what. 1 Kashmiri and 2 Rajah were attacked with 1 of the Rajah not surviving having been completely topped.  When I replanted the other day several of these Indian variety seeds were dug up on the first night in what appeared to be a targeted raid with 3 Indian seeds taken from a mixed tray of 24 seeds. Evidence suggests this was a mouse.  I may need to construct a secure grow box.  It has me wondering why the Indian varieties appear to be targeted.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2020, 03:20 AM »
Hey Garp
That little stinger of a tail protrusion looks like a reaper to me.  I grew a ton of them a couple of years ago. The guy who invented / cross-bred them has his store about 20 mins from me here in North Carolina.  They are HORRIBLE.  I

©2024 Curry Recipes