Author Topic: pre cooked chicken easy way to go  (Read 8522 times)

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: pre cooked chicken easy way to go
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 08:08 PM »
The one thing that has always bothered me about pre-cooking chicken is the flavour from poaching the chicken is lost. Pre-cooking it in base has the benefit of capturing that. The downside I imagine (although I have yet to try it) is that the chicken won't have the benefit of poaching in a salty, spiced liquid.

Think I'll have to try both at the same time to see if that really matters in the final dish.

Cheers for the idea!

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Romain.......My best results have been to add 10% water to the base then cooking the chicken ,the water will soon reduce.....un-boned thighs cooked this way add some nice flavours .

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Romain.......My best results have been to add 10% water to the base then cooking the chicken ,the water will soon reduce.....un-boned thighs cooked this way add some nice flavours .

I'm liking this concept more and more. When I cook homestyle I always use bone-in thighs and I don't ever pre-cook them. This has the makings of a good hybrid homestyle/restaurant style curry.

Cook the thighs. Remove them from the base and then proceed as you would for any gravy based curry. Nice!

©2024 Curry Recipes