Author Topic: Patak's tandoori paste  (Read 17379 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Patak's tandoori paste
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2020, 10:45 PM »
Thank you Micky

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 06:24 AM »
It looks like they're shut Phil. :wink: You can always get a tattoo next door while you're there and don't forget some coins for the gumball machine next door on the other side. 

You should have a bit of fun in there and I look forward to reading about your shopping trip. The range of East End spices looks interesting and I envy you for access to those. I see they have the Shan packet Masalas. We can get them over here along with several other brands.  I prefer the Laziza brand to others but I have made some nice dishes with most, although the packet instructions often leave a bit to be desired.  It usually involves a bit of common sense and some trial and error.

I deliberately avoided Udaya and Patel Bros on my recent trip to the city as my Indian Cupboard is full and I need nothing.  Still, it wasn't easy to be so close and not go for a little look.

Maybe some fresh halal meat will be the order of the day.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2020, 09:17 AM »
Tis the type of shop i could spend ages in and very similar to my local "HALLAN" in Crawley, if you visit the website you will see they have an online partner shop where the prices are the same.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Update (especially for Romain)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2020, 03:38 PM »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2020, 12:56 AM »
I honestly don't know, Micky, and it is a fascinating question.  I have tried to find a large (>2kg) tub of Patak's Tandoori <whatever> online which contains rapeseed oil and failed to find any, only in the smaller (312gm) sizes.  Can you send photographs of all of your labels, and I will do the same with mine.

** Phil.

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2020, 01:00 AM »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2020, 08:35 AM »

Phil is the 2.2kg tub i have a consumer one,? it lists rabeseed oil as an ingredient.

Are you seriously asking if a 2.2 kg (5 lb) tub is a consumer one?  Of course it isn't.  It is a commercial quantity and as it has oil listed as an ingredient, it is obviously not the same product that Phil has obtained. His doesn't have oil.  Sending some pictures to the forum so we can see what we're looking at and talking about would be helpful.

(I'd like the image to be here.)

These are 1 kg containers of paste and sold as commercial. Not available to consumers in supermarkets.  If your buying 2.2 kg it is commercial.  Each one of these 1.0 kg containers has the capacity to make 50 serves, or 100 when I do it with Base Gravy. So your 2.2 kg tubs should make 100 to 200 serves or more.  That isn't consumer level product.

It's a shame I can't put the images inline within the post. Oh well.

Perhaps a friendly global moderator can fix it for me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:00 AM by livo »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2020, 09:42 AM »

Phil is the 2.2kg tub i have a consumer one,? it lists rabeseed oil as an ingredient.

Are you seriously asking if a 2.2 kg (5 lb) tub is a consumer one?  Of course it isn't.  It is a commercial quantity and as it has oil listed as an ingredient, it is obviously not the same product that Phil has obtained. His doesn't have oil.  Sending some pictures to the forum so we can see what we're looking at and talking about would be helpful.

(I'd like the image to be here.)

These are 1 kg containers of paste and sold as commercial. Not available to consumers in supermarkets.  If your buying 2.2 kg it is commercial.  Each one of these 1.0 kg containers has the capacity to make 50 serves, or 100 when I do it with Base Gravy. So your 2.2 kg tubs should make 100 to 200 serves or more.  That isn't consumer level product.

My Mistake Livo its 2.5kg 2.2Ltrs, and it has no oil, its the Kashmiri Paste (2.5)kg that has the oil, re pics i sent them on page 1

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2020, 10:00 AM »

More a task for a retired teacher of Computer Studies, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Software Design and Development and CAD etc, from way back in the DOS days and Windows / early Apple Macintosh / Microbee, Commodore C64 etc, before networking and Workgroups, and who has done quite a bit of programming in BASIC / Fortran IV on mainframes at Uni, LOGO, Turbo Pascal and Visual Basic
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:41 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes