Author Topic: Patak's tandoori paste  (Read 16846 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Patak's tandoori paste
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22 PM »
Interestingly Phil, the link you provide shows the same product with 2 different labels, with one clearly intended for non-English language countries, ie: French, Dutch and German.

If you examine the ingredients of the Madras Kebab Paste and then compare it to the consumer sized Madras Spice Paste you will see that they are very similar, if not one and the same. I'm beginning to wonder if the listed ingredients on these labels is actually what's in the containers. If the order of listed ingredients is by mass then the consumer product is watered down.

Also available in 2 X 70 g Paste Pots.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2020, 09:59 PM »
Can't answer your points, Livo, but while seaching I came across this site, which looks to offer very good value ...

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2020, 08:58 AM »
I have learned two things from all this.
1 Pataks products are clearly designed to be unhelpful and confusing with Knorr and Pataks both produced by AB foods.
2nd Romain started all this by trying to replicate something that nobody knows what it is anyway.
3 yes I can

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Romain started all this by trying to replicate something that nobody knows what it is anyway.

We're all guilty of "trying to replicate something that nobody knows what it is anyway"

©2024 Curry Recipes