Author Topic: Tandoori Murgh Masala  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori Murgh Masala
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54 PM »
Good pics UF  :like:  I am making this dish again tonight (Patala) and a standard Hot CTM, as they have become something of a favourite with my son as well.

BAJ
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:47 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Looking very appealing and inviting Uncle Frank.  When can we expect the recipe as i'll be giving this one a try for sure.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 09:56 PM »
Will post recipe once written down and made again to make sure measurements are correct.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 09:58 PM »
The other half's picture

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 08:51 AM »
I, along with others, eagerly await a recipe.  Your photos look like you have produced a very good curry dish. I personally cant wait to try it.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 05:20 AM »
UF good to see you posting on here again. I must say those pics looks first class. I haven't seen a curry that's got me inspired on here for such a long time. I look forward to seeing a recipe as I will definitely try this, or at the very least I would seek to 'Tazify' it!

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 09:31 PM »
A big massive THANK YOU to Curryhell for his recipe of Chicken Patala here https://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=14190.30 which got me going in the right direction.

Where i am at the moment is that i have made the dish above and just added a sheek kebab roughly chopped, then tried blending the sheesh in a blender but didn't really make any difference from just roughly chopping it up. So i made the dish, no meat added, and once finished i halved the sauce and when i began cooking i added 1 ladle base to each half and added 1/2 roughly chopped sheesh kebab, which did make an excellent flavoured dish, the other half said it is the best one i have made yet.

Extras added 1-2 tsp finely chopped green chillies with and without seeds
1-2 Tsp Finely Chopped Green peppers
All go really well in any order and amount but not over the top.

Going to try and make again in a few days and will write the ingredients and method down.

Again a huge hug to curryhell for his recipe Chicken Patala

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Well, that's another tick in the box for you UF.  Glad my patala recipe helped out.  Not sure if your murgh masala would normally have chopped sheek in, but have you considered flash frying the sheek mince itself to separate it, and then finishing it off by adding that to your dish with the chicken?  Just a thought, as I do this when making my keema rice which is a virtual replica of my local BIR's  :smile: Looking forward to trying the final version, as i've a sneaking suspicion this may be a good starting point for a chicken rezalla dish I tried a couple of years ago.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 11:38 AM »
The 7-8 T/A's local to me all have sheek kebab in them, seen this dish cooked in about 5 of them and all use sheek kebab smashed into the dish. Only restaraunt that didn't use a sheek kebab was the Sanam Restaurant they used a pre-cooked lamb mince, not coloured like a sheesh with the red colour.
What dish was you thinking of curryhell that wouldn't have sheesh/lamb mince in?

Have tried quite a few Rezalla dishes from a Balti Rezala to a Vegetable Rezala.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 09:21 PM »
My comment was not about questioning whether the dish should contain sheek kebab, more one of how best to add it :smile:

©2024 Curry Recipes