Author Topic: Ganesha Indian T/A, Bodmin, Cornwall  (Read 3114 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Ganesha Indian T/A, Bodmin, Cornwall
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:00 PM »
Ganesha opened only a couple of weeks ago, and on the first weekend they had to stop accepting orders at 19:00, they were so busy.  Since then I have used Ganesha on several occasions, and on each occasion it has not only lived up to expectations, it has far surpassed them, with the sole exception of a Tandoori chicken starter which I felt was a little too dry (the tikka starter, on the other hand, was beautifully moist, as were the chicken pieces in the main courses).  Ganesha is owned by Jake, a young Polish expatriate who previously owned Mumbai Spice in Roche (where I live).  Sadly Mumbai Spice closed a couple of years ago, and since then I have been very disappointed with the standards of most other local BIRs and T/As.  Jake employs three chefs, two Indian and one Bangladeshi, only one of whom looks after the tandoori side of things.  Dishes sampled so far include chicken tikka starter, mixed tandoori starter, Tandoori chicken starter, seekh kebab starter, chicken Madras, chicken shatkora, lamb dhansak, sag aloo, pulao rice and keema naan.  The classic dishes (chicken Madras, lamb dhansak, sag allo, pulao rice) are a real "blast from the past"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:28 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline JoshuaPhese

• Junior Chef
  • JoshuaPheseFP
    • View Profile
Re: Ganesha Indian T/A, Bodmin, Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 02:55 AM »
Wife and I went out for Indian regularly in the city. Not sure where to go in western burbs. Have heard good things about the place in Wheaton in the Steamboat BBQ shopping plaza...

Any firm recommendations?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:23 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Ganesha Indian T/A, Bodmin, Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Are you asking about Bodmin, Wheaton, or the western suburbs, Joshua, and if the last, the suburbs of where ?
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes