Author Topic: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak  (Read 21007 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2020, 08:33 PM »
That is the piece I read and I read it as the point being that it was known there was a rising problem earlier than was previously told.  It suggests that the upward information path broke down.  I don't see anything beyond credibility.  These events may well have been happening within that timeframe.

The original Washington Post article is pretty clear on who knew what and when, and it would seem quite plausible that middle to late November is realistic.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:57 PM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2020, 08:24 PM »
When people are elevated to positions of global imperative, human error is not an acceptable excuse.  It is their job to circumvent human error.

But "they" are humans, Livo, just like you and I, and no more capable of "circumvent[ing] human error" than you or I (G
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:06 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2020, 11:03 AM »
Following the release of some very useful guidance [1] from the National Police Chiefs' Council on "what constitutes a reasonable excuse to leave the place where you live" , and in the light of some extremely disturbing reports of very heavy-handed police action in seeking to limit the right of individuals to move about during the current lock-down ("right to move about" meaning, of course, "move about within the legal constraints currently in place"), I have sought out the relevant legislation and created a link to it from my local Chamber of Commerce web site.  I would strongly recommend that any CR0 member who feels the need to leave his or her home, for whatever reason, read the legislation very carefully and ensure firstly that they (a) comply with it, and then (b) keep a copy in their car, and (c) carry a copy with them whenever they leave their home.  If stopped and challenged, be polite but be firm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:42 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2020, 12:02 PM »
It is all very fuzzy at the moment.   I guess there is a lot of pure acceptance taking place right now and people are predominately happy to oblige because the unknown alternative is not very encouraging.  We'd like to trust our elected leaders but they are in uncharted waters.  We've had a guy fined for eating a kebab in a park. Four men dragged from a car and arrested by 10 police for eating pizza. Pizza, not curry. Nobody has yet been arrested for eating curry.

Something used to be called the great leveller. I can't remember what it was but I know it wasn't money. 

Mind you pure acceptance is not always a good thing. Wuhan virus labs for example. WHO endorses wet markets re-opening. Chinese invasion of South China Sea. No virus in North Korea.

I'll send account details by PM for donations to the newly formed Xi Jinping benevolent society.  All proceeds to go towards tandoori chicken research. :patient:

Hhhmmmm???  Yeah right!!!!

I have a really nice bridge for sale. With a coat of paint it will be ready for NYE fireworks display over one of the nicest harbours in the world. POA or expressions of interest for short term lease.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:18 PM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Not been at the controlled substances again, have we Livo ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:47 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Not been at the controlled substances again, have you Livo ?
Controlled substances at the moment are toilet paper, pasta and rice. Home made hand sanitiser is readily available and made correctly, perfectly drinkable.

No Phil. Just saying it how I'm seeing it.  A couple of sherbets is normal.  I haven't been really on substance since a bad experience with funny mushrooms in the 1970's. They certainly weren't controlled back then either.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Following the release of some very useful guidance [1] from the National Police Chiefs' Council on "what constitutes a reasonable excuse to leave the place where you live" , and in the light of some extremely disturbing reports of very heavy-handed police action in seeking to limit the right of individuals to move about during the current lock-down ("right to move about" meaning, of course, "move about within the legal constraints currently in place"), I have sought out the relevant legislation and created a link to it from my local Chamber of Commerce web site.  I would strongly recommend that any CR0 member who feels the need to leave his or her home, for whatever reason, read the legislation very carefully and ensure firstly that they (a) comply with it, and then (b) keep a copy in their car, and (c) carry a copy with them whenever they leave their home.  If stopped and challenged, be polite but be firm

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2020, 10:13 PM »
We've had a guy fined for eating a kebab in a park. Four men dragged from a car and arrested by 10 police for eating pizza.

Normal Friday night in the UK Livo.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2020, 12:36 PM »
So kebabs and pizza are considered anti-social over there as well?  Fair enough too.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2020, 01:14 PM »
Moses, Allah, Winston, Boris  (Donald? Um, maybe not!)  Jethro Bodine had plumb gone thru the 6th grade education in the USA and was real good at sypherin'. Even smoked crawdads.  Donald must have skipped a couple of grades.

©2024 Curry Recipes