Author Topic: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak  (Read 21005 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Cambridge research team working towards a vaccine against COVID-19

And key bullet points for self-preservation from the WHO (full material here) :

Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus

• Wash your hands frequently
  • Maintain social distancing
  • Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
  • Practice respiratory hygiene
  • If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
  • Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider

:like:

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 02:38 PM »

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Latest news

All schools in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are to close from Friday*, until further notice, not to protect children who seem to be more or less immune to Covid-19 but to slow down the spread to the more vulnerable in society.

*Except for children of key workers such as health care, police, delivery drivers and children who are vulnerable or have social workers, etc.

On an aside, I have not been panic buying anything as I usually get small amounts every day or two but when I went out to get some chicken yesterday, there was none and today I visited 1 high street supermarket and 2 different asian supermarkets, all had no onions at all unless you can carry 20kg sacks (now priced at

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24 PM »

Thats the spirit :like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Latest news

All schools in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are to close from Friday*, until further notice, not to protect children who seem to be more or less immune to Covid-19 but to slow down the spread to the more vulnerable in society.

*Except for children of key workers such as health care, police, delivery drivers and children who are vulnerable or have social workers, etc.

On an aside, I have not been panic buying anything as I usually get small amounts every day or two but when I went out to get some chicken yesterday, there was none and today I visited 1 high street supermarket and 2 different asian supermarkets, all had no onions at all unless you can carry 20kg sacks (now priced at

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 08:32 PM »
A stinking letter to the local press mentioning "profiteering" would not go amiss ...

Offline Vindaloo-crazy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Kung Flu

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 03:01 PM »
[W]hen I went out to get some chicken yesterday, there was none and today I visited 1 high street supermarket and 2 different asian supermarkets, all had no onions at all unless you can carry 20kg sacks (now priced at

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 03:14 PM »
My Daughter went into Bookers today, they had no chicken, they were also checking card holders identity, seems account holders are lending their cards out, also there was a fight in there today and at Iceland in Horley.

We went to Waitrose to get some milk which they had loads of many shelves empty but it was very civilised, lets hope that trend spreads.

A franchise of 10 Gastro Pubs around here have closed as of today until further notice, a local Turkish Restaurant is now doing home deliveries, i feel a lot of people will go the take away route rather than eat out so any restaurants that can gear up for that will stand more of a chance,

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 01:07 AM »
My Daughter went into Bookers today, they had no chicken, they were also checking card holders identity, seems account holders are lending their cards out, also there was a fight in there today and at Iceland in Horley.

We went to Waitrose to get some milk which they had loads of many shelves empty but it was very civilised, lets hope that trend spreads.

A franchise of 10 Gastro Pubs around here have closed as of today until further notice, a local Turkish Restaurant is now doing home deliveries, i feel a lot of people will go the take away route rather than eat out so any restaurants that can gear up for that will stand more of a chance,

We sound a good bit further down the road in Glasgow mickyp. The supermarket shelves were stripped of toilet roll, pasta, baby milk , cooking oil a fortnight ago and I

©2024 Curry Recipes