Author Topic: Tandoori Chicken on the Weber  (Read 9080 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Tandoori Chicken on the Weber
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Marinated for 36 hours using Blades tikka Recipe

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori Chicken on the Weber
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Looks delicious.

I'm curious. Your tin pan is off to one side and I see no drippings in the pan. When I set up (same weber kettle with the rotisserie ring) I put the drip pan underneath the chicken. That way I don't get the bitter flavour from the fat vaporizing - just the the kiss of pure, sweet charcoal smoke.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:15 PM »
Lol, it was the first time i used it and the drip tray was a tad high, i just had it to hold water, i had the coals to "the side" rather than underneath as i wanted the heat to be offset.

They were lovely :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:29 AM »
Hi mickyp looks gorgeous, when i make Blades recipe and not cooking in the oven i substitute the mint sauce for 1 heaped tsp dried mint leaves and when you are ready to cook chicken after your marination about 30 minutes before cooking add about 3-5 tbsp yoghurt mix well and cook.

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 01:07 AM »
Lol, it was the first time i used it and the drip tray was a tad high, i just had it to hold water, i had the coals to "the side" rather than underneath as i wanted the heat to be offset.

They were lovely :)

I can just imagine. Those chickens look absolutely mouthwatering. I still remember the day I got my rotisserie ring and that is easily 20 years ago. The original motor is still going. It's one of my absolute favourite cooking toys...

I build my fire on either side (I have the charcoal baskets) and place the drip pan in the middle (between the fire - no upper grate installed.

I do that any time I cook indirect (which is most of the time) - rotisserie or not. Keeps the bottom cleaner that way. I just move things over the fire briefly towards the end if I want some char - for tikka as an example.

Looking closer that's not a Weber is it?

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Unclefrank i remember you posting that recently, not about the dried mint but stirring in yoghurt for the last 30 mins, so i tried that on my last batch of oven cooked tikka, i liked it but being old i forgot when i did the chickens so i will do that next time around, also i forgot to mention i stuffed two quarters of an orange inside as well as a tsb of marinad, the orange quarters went in just before the rod.

Romain you are correct, the bbq is a weber but the rotisserie is made by Onlyfire, i think its well made and was about
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:00 AM by mickyp »

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 02:08 PM »

Generally i also stack the charcoal both sides, or if i am cooking small items i can shuffle between direct and indirect heat, over the years for me that has proven to be the best way, i so love charcoal :)

I love charcoal too. Haven't has a gas grill in many, many (too many:-) years.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 11:18 PM »
Mmmmm! Tandoori chicken! Looks very tasty, mickyp.

Your post has made me realise how long it's been since I actually BBQ'd some marinated chicken. Sheer laziness on my part, probably.

Must rectify that omission immediately!

©2024 Curry Recipes