Author Topic: Live cook along with Misty Ricardo Pathia 26/4/20 17.30  (Read 6293 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Live cook along with Misty Ricardo Pathia 26/4/20 17.30
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 09:06 AM »
Thanks for that, Micky.  In the meantime, for those (like myself) who lack the patience to wait 32 hours for it to commence, here is the first (no longer) live transmission from the series : xxx Madras, for xxx in {Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Prawns, Chickpeas, Vegetables}.

Just watched it all the way through, but was puzzled at 38:04 ("the Wiltshire coffee").  Now I knew that he was going to add coffee granules, but Wiltshire coffee ?  Or was this just a look-ahead error because subconsciously he knew that he was shortly going to add Worcestershire sauce ? 

The end product was much thicker and darker than my ideal chicken Madras, but nonetheless a very informative and interesting video.  Ideally, if MR has the time, he might like to consider some post-production work and edit the video to (for example) add the kasoori methi at the intended time (26:25), rather than later (28:30) as he did live.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:51 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:41 PM »
I think his videos along with others are very informative, going live does make it more difficult to avoid mistakes. Also in his book I remember terms like

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 08:13 AM »
No thanks

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:28 PM »
For anyone fancying to watch / cookalong

Many thanks for flagging this up, or I would have had no idea it was on. I think he's more clued-up than certain other people offering recipes, so it was good to see. I'm puzzled, though as to how a BIR dish which would normally take about 10 mins to prepare, took him almost 6 times longer.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:13 PM »
I would imagine that it took 45 minutes rather than six because he was pacing himself in order to allow adequate time to say all that he wanted to say.  I am not suggesting for one minute that all he said needed to be said, but it was his programme so he could write his own script.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:09 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 09:12 AM »
I would imagine that it took 45 minutes rather than six because he was pacing himself in order to allow adequate time to say all that he wanted to say. 

That's irrational. Since when was a good recipe for any item determined by the time needed for a commentary, rather the time and temperature needed for good results?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 09:51 AM »
It's only irrational, George, if you can be certain that what can be cooked to perfection in only six minutes cannot be equally cooked to perfection in 45.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:02 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Clearly it took longer because of the interaction between misty and the viewers logged on, personally as it was prawns being cooked, as they only go in for a few minutes last thing i dont think the dish would suffer.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 01:36 PM »
BIR curry at it's best. I mean this with no disrespect at all.  MR is a legend and I've bought his books and cooked his recipes. 

Only 1 beer and not inebriated he says.  Yeah right!!  My hand sanitizer by-product is a problem.  It's a shame it has underlying American oak and vanilla flavours.  I'm wondering what to do with it.

BUT!!!!!!!

The most interesting thing about this is that in a BIR dish nothing really matters.  These are the ingredients you need in advance but if you don't have even some of them it doesn't matter.  Use anything you want (or have) or leave them out completely.  It doesn't really matter much so use any ingredients you want really and we'll call it a success.

I bet there were a few different Pathias cooked on Sunday.

At least everyone was having a beverage, except the person who said something about tea.

If everybody ended up half-pissed with a half-decent curry, it was a blinding success.

©2024 Curry Recipes