Author Topic: Live cook along with Misty Ricardo Pathia 26/4/20 17.30  (Read 6218 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Live cook along with Misty Ricardo Pathia 26/4/20 17.30
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 11:38 AM »
He has been at this for years.

Those of us that have been members for more than a few months know that, Romain

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 12:00 PM »
I still think you over-estimate what he earns. I certainly wouldn't do what he did for the money he makes.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 03:15 PM »
He has been at this for years. You have absolutely no idea how much work this has been. This is a labour of love for him. 11,000 books is a very small number and Jon is right. There's no money in cookbooks at this kind of volume...

I don't doubt you are right. I'm impressed but why risk his health and the well-being of anybody he lives with, in order to publish books with such a relatively low payback? What I mean is that, unless he throws most of what he makes in the bin, someone is presumably eating it. How can such (assumed) amounts be good for anyone given the sheer number of recipes he's published and videos recorded?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 03:26 PM »
I don't follow your argument, George.  I have no idea how many recipes there are in his two books, but given that the first has 265 pages it would seem fair to assume that there are not more than 500 recipes in total.  Now if he has been researching these books for (say) ten years, then that's maybe 50 recipes a year.  Assuming that it takes several attempts to bring each to perfection, then that's not more than one curry a day.  That doesn't seem to pose any health risk to me.  What risks do you envisage ?

** Phil.

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 04:07 PM »
From Amazon about volume 1

With over 40 detailed recipes with beautiful photos, this is an essential book for anyone who wants to replicate that "takeaway taste" at home. Covering every aspect of every preparation, from spice mixes to base gravy and breads, and filled with tips and advice, it is the ideal companion for any curry loving chef who wants to replicate that unique British Indian Restaurant taste.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2020, 04:19 PM »
Got both volumes  :like:

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Assuming that it takes several attempts to bring each to perfection, then that's not more than one curry a day.  That doesn't seem to pose any health risk to me.  What risks do you envisage ?

So if anyone eats Indian takeaway food almost every day you think that's a healthy lifestyle?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 05:12 PM »
So if anyone eats Indian takeaway food almost every day you think that's a healthy lifestyle?

Why not, George ?  Whilst by no means identical, Indian T/A food is not a million miles removed from the diet which some two billion people eat in the Indian sub-continent every day, and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 08:33 PM »
As already mentioned there are not anywhere near 500 recipes.  I only have volume 1.  The way the book is presented in large print with pictures has each dish covering 2 - 3 pages. I bought the ebook for kindle and it was very reasonably priced and easily considered excellent value for money paid. I use it all the time.

On topic, I cooked this dish, with pre-cooked Chicken, last night to specification. It is a very different curry with the strong influence of the sweet and sour elements but thoroughly enjoyable.  My wife said she much preferred it to the Chinese S & S..

I also made the butter chicken.  Once again, MR's recipes just work.

I can only admire the amount of work and overall contribution made by a man who introduced himself on this forum as a novice less than 6 months before I started with BIR and also found the forum. He's left me in his dust.  I don't begrudge him anything made out of his efforts.

Photos of last nights dinner.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 01:18 AM by livo »

©2024 Curry Recipes