Author Topic: Laziza chicken tikka botti  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Laziza chicken tikka botti
« on: April 28, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Having most recently made Blade's chicken tikka, and finding it too lemony to my taste, I diluted the marinade with an equal volume of Greek yoghurt and found it a great improvement.  Seeking to try other recipes, I ordered a jar of Laziza tikka botti paste, and started my marinade yesterday.  The recipe is simplicity itself, calling for nothing more than 75gm yoghurt and 65gm tikka botti paste, and this evening I cooked my first skewer.  All in all, it was not bad at all

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Laziza chicken tikka botti
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:13 AM »
Phil, I have the Laziza Tikka Botti Masala which I really enjoy whenever I use it.  The Laziza products are very good.

As far as chicken tikka is concerned, I don't know how anybody could go past Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012. 
https://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=8714.0
I've used this recipe on numerous occasions and I've also tried Blade's recipe.  I know which I prefer and it isn't even a close contest.  Some pastes CT stipulates by brand are unavailable here but the dish works well with suitable substitutes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:56 AM by livo »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Laziza chicken tikka botti
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 08:51 AM »
OK, thanks for the recommendation Livo.  I have all those Patak's pastes (in catering sizes) so will give the recipe (but not the methodology) a go.  I have a combination microwave oven but I bought the Tepro specifically to cook chicken tikka, and in the Tepro it wil be cooked !

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes