Author Topic: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING  (Read 29963 times)

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Hello, my name is Syed I was recommended by one of my Facebook follower from One of the British Indian food Facebook groups.

I am very passionate about creating food because I love the fusion that it creates in your mouth.

I have a YouTube channel that I recently created where I have uploaded some interesting yet flavorsome food.

The name of my channel is called 'British-ian food'.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Welcome, Syed
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:07 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:14 PM »
Hello Phil I am very honored to be apart of this blog. I am overjoyed that you admired my Vindaloo.

My name is Syed and I worked in a  Restaurant as a head chef for a while during that time I developed my passion on creating flavoursome food. The name British-ian food came about when I was discussing to my wife about creating a YouTube channel with a unique name therefore she came up with this.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 08:24 PM »
Hello Syed. I've already watched your Korma and curry powder videos. In line with other comments, I was surprised by your cooking of the powders. Normally when making Masala the whole spices are roasted but powders are added cold during blending. You had those powders smoking. Very interesting.

I was speaking to a chef out here recently, briefly, and he confused me by referring to Chilli powder as Paprika. Can you explain which you use? Is it sweet Paprika, Kashmiri Chilli powder, deggi mirch, red chilli powder or hot chilli powder?

I look forward to trying your dishes.

Ps. I see you've already attracted the attention of a few well known names,  Martin and Alex.  High praise on your base gravy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:36 PM by livo »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:22 PM »
Hello Syed
I watched your vindaloo video on your YouTube channel. Subscribed.
Very interesting, different approach to what I

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 12:53 AM »
Hi Syed,

Welcome to the forum!  It

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 01:58 AM »

One word of warning - here on this forum there are people who

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 06:04 AM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:39 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Hello Syed. I've already watched your Korma and curry powder videos. In line with other comments, I was surprised by your cooking of the powders. Normally when making Masala the whole spices are roasted but powders are added cold during blending. You had those powders smoking. Very interesting.

I was speaking to a chef out here recently, briefly, and he confused me by referring to Chilli powder as Paprika. Can you explain which you use? Is it sweet Paprika, Kashmiri Chilli powder, deggi mirch, red chilli powder or hot chilli powder?

I look forward to trying your dishes.

Ps. I see you've already attracted the attention of a few well known names,  Martin and Alex.  High praise on your base gravy.

Hi Livo,
thanks for watching my videos. I really appreciate it.

On mix curry powder I used paprika. if you use normal extra hot chilli powder it's gonna kill the other spices strength and aroma. also, you are not gonna add much chilli powder into the mix. if you have a look my curry powder video, you will see I added very less amount of paprika powder. and yes paprika is not as hot as the other ones. it is a bit sweet.

lastly, i would like to thanks martin & alex for liking my base gravy. i really glad that they have it.  :smile:

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 08:11 AM »
Hi Syed,

Welcome to the forum!  It

©2024 Curry Recipes