Author Topic: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING  (Read 30446 times)

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 07:01 AM »
Hi Phil.
Oh dear where did you go wrong ?
After reading your post it jumps out clearly that you cooked your own version of this recipe.
It works by using the exact base with exact spices and exact method I cooked it 3 times now and very pleased with it.
Better luck with the kebabs which are delish

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 09:09 AM »
It does raise the question of whether or not a chef's recipe group must be taken as a set.  I was not overly impressed with the Korma as I didn't use the Chef's whole set of ingredients.  Perhaps it is important to use the proper base gravy, spice mix and prepared ingredients as intended.

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 09:38 AM »
Livo.
I would guess it takes years for a bir chef to get right the spice mix base and set of recipes .
So I believe its crucial to follow a proven set.I asked Syed why only 1/2 a teaspoon of spice mix was used he replied the spices where in the base which made sense.
Its hard to access proper chef recipes as most. Britchefs are all copying each other with the odd tweak here and there producing spice swamps

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 10:05 AM »
I can see the point in going with matched sets but I've not really done it all the time. It will be interesting to see the difference in the Korma when using all the right ingredients. 

Phil, I think a big part of the lack of flavour may have resulted from using raw chicken rather than the recommended Tikka.  If you look at Chef's Tikka video there is a lot of flavourings that you didn't get in your dish.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Just watching the Vindaloo video. This guy is throwing the cat among the pigeons isn't he?  Use a non-stick pan (not aluminium curry pan) and cook over medium heat (you don't want high heat at home).  AAArrrggg!!! What's going on here?  What next?  :confusing3:

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Phil, I think a big part of the lack of flavour may have resulted from using raw chicken rather than the recommended Tikka.  If you look at Chef's Tikka video there is a lot of flavourings that you didn't get in your dish.

Yes, that was definitely a part of the problem, Livo, but I still won't use chicken tikka next time

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Just watching the Vindaloo video. This guy is throwing the cat among the pigeons isn't he?  Use a non-stick pan (not aluminium curry pan) and cook over medium heat (you don't want high heat at home).  AAArrrggg!!! What's going on here?  What next?  :confusing3:

I guess what's going on here is that the chef behind Britishian Food knows what he's talking about whereas too many of these self-proclaimed experts behind certain other youtube channels and websites don't. I say that again, despite being shot down for similar comments I've made before. I normally use non stick pans and low-medium heat to get perfectly good results so it makes sense to me.

As for Phil using raw chicken to try out one of the recipes, I'm lost for words. The negative posts and slurs on the recipes should be deleted as irrelevant.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2020, 07:23 PM »
I guess what's going on here is that the chef behind Britishian Food knows what he's talking about whereas too many of these self-proclaimed experts behind certain other youtube channels and websites don't. I say that again, despite being shot down for similar comments I've made before. I normally use non stick pans and low-medium heat to get perfectly good results so it makes sense to me.

And to me, so for once I am with you 100% George.

As for Phil using raw chicken to try out one of the recipes, I'm lost for words. The negative posts and slurs on the recipes should be deleted as irrelevant.

Would you that sooner I told a pack of lies, George ?  I reported exactly what I did, what I used, what mistakes I made, and what the results were.  To the best of my belief, I acknowledged that the faults were mine and in no way could be blamed on Syed.  If you disagree, please use the "Report to moderator" button and identify the problematic content.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:11 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 05:07 PM »
I'd have thought Pete would be all over this. But not a single comment. Come on Pete you must be up for this one?

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2020, 01:10 AM »
I'd have thought Pete would be all over this. But not a single comment.
He

©2024 Curry Recipes