Author Topic: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING  (Read 30309 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Phil - thanks very much for pointing to the recipe for JB's potatoes.

On the Britishian Food channel, I see that the SIMPLEST RECIPE FOR FAMOUS CHICKEN TIKKA DUPIAZA is due to 'premiere' in 2 hours time at 2pm today (12 June)

It looks superb but why does he stress the words 'simplest' and 'simple' in so many of his recipes? It's a real turn-off, causing me to fear they've all been redesigned to taste less well than they did when he worked in the restaurant. Wouldn't it be better if he used words like 'best' and 'tastiest'. And made sure the recipes taste at least as good as the restaurant versions. They probably are as good. It's just the use of the word 'simplest' which has me concerned.

I haven't watched the latest dupiaza video. I know Syed uses the 'simple' phrase quite a lot. I think he's just saying that his videos are straight forward, nothing complicated compared to some of the long winded and so called 'genuine' BIR's out there. I've watched my own takeaway chef cook countless dupiazas, he doesn't have a special onion sauce or in fact pre cooked chunky onions, he cuts them for every dish and deep fries them in the onion bhaji fryer(another level of flavour)-He also does this for the onions and peppers for his balti dishes.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34 PM »
My next challenge is going to be Syed's onion bhaji.  So many useful tips in that video, but unfortunately I gave my gram flour to the hotel when they ran short, and I won't get it back until Monday ...

** Phil.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:55 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Hello guys..
i do apologize that I am unable to continue to this forum, due to capturing videos, editing then uploading, sharing on social media. everything on  my neck. i have read all the comments and i will take it on board.
my vindaloo and madras i am going to re-do it again in a proper way on my aluminum pan with the breast chicken. also, i am going to do My Special 'KILLER PHAL' Very soon.

and some of my previous videos i was extremely nervous as i never created any videos like this before. hopefully, with more practice, i will be more organized.

also i am working on updating my recipes to a written version.

thank you, stay safe :)

Offline BRITISH-IAN FOOD

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2020, 06:04 PM »
 is there any app to use this blog site?

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2020, 06:43 PM »
Hi Syed
Good to see you still here, your obviously very busy and finding your way forward with the videos of which I have no issues .
You will get better as you progress everyone has to learn.
Again thank you for the recipes and tips stay safe

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Hello guys..  i do apologize that I am unable to continue to this forum, due to capturing videos, editing then uploading, sharing on social media. everything on  my neck. i have read all the comments and i will take it on board.  My vindaloo and madras i am going to re-do it again in a proper way on my aluminum pan with the breast chicken. also, i am going to do My Special 'KILLER PHAL' Very soon.  And some of my previous videos i was extremely nervous as i never created any videos like this before. hopefully, with more practice, i will be more organized.  Also i am working on updating my recipes to a written version.

Absolutely no apology needed, Syed
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:24 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2020, 11:00 PM »
ELW.
The answer is I dont know or would I ask such a question, which I feel would be ill-mannered .
If the forum owner wants to ask thats their choice.
I am grateful for the recipes given free ( with plenty of commercial secrets) which I transcribe for safekeeping in case youtube or this forum ever crashes forever
There

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2020, 11:21 PM »
Do you know if Syed intends  to share his commercial knowledge on this forum noble ox or YouTube?
ELW

Isn't he by implication of calling it BIR style already sharing his commercial knowledge? Or are you implying he's dumbing-down for the purposes of his Youtube audience?
Without having yet cooked any of his recipes SS, I don

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2020, 01:04 AM »
my vindaloo and madras i am going to re-do it again in a proper way on my aluminum pan with the breast chicken.

I made and enjoyed the Madras as it is.

and some of my previous videos i was extremely nervous as i never created any videos like this before. hopefully, with more practice, i will be more organized.

Your videos are perfectly fine Syed.  It is refreshing to just have a natural approach.  I enjoy the sound of your child in the background. 
Is there any significance to the little model pushbike?

also i am working on updating my recipes to a written version.

I think everybody is doing this.  I have already done the recipes I've made so far.  It might save you some work if you collected text format files from the members here who have already transposed some of your videos.  You could then just read over them and edit as you see necessary.  I'm happy to send you the ones I've already done.

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2020, 03:54 AM »
Phil - thanks very much for pointing to the recipe for JB's potatoes.

On the Britishian Food channel, I see that the SIMPLEST RECIPE FOR FAMOUS CHICKEN TIKKA DUPIAZA is due to 'premiere' in 2 hours time at 2pm today (12 June)

It looks superb but why does he stress the words 'simplest' and 'simple' in so many of his recipes? It's a real turn-off, causing me to fear they've all been redesigned to taste less well than they did when he worked in the restaurant. Wouldn't it be better if he used words like 'best' and 'tastiest'. And made sure the recipes taste at least as good as the restaurant versions. They probably are as good. It's just the use of the word 'simplest' which has me concerned.

You are likely not his target market.

©2024 Curry Recipes