Author Topic: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING  (Read 29934 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: BRITISH-IAN FOOD IN THE MAKING
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2020, 03:09 PM »
When skill, knowledge, experience and a good eye can

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00 AM »
My

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2020, 10:54 AM »
Anything less than 1/4 cup I go for tablespoons and / or teaspoon measures.

OK, I will do you yet another customised version of the spreadsheet

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Thanks Phil, I wasn

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2020, 02:43 PM »
Looking at your AMCO spoons, Rob (and I agree with George, they look very good), I then looked at similar offerings on Amazon and came across this :
[WE DON'T INVENT, BUT WE KEEP UPGRADING!] We are a professional kitchenware producer who have been focus on customer experience. In order to offer better and eco-friendly kitchenware, U-Taste collects customer reviews of all similar products on Amazon. And then upgrade the products based on the data of the bad evaluation with the aim to provide customers with more perfect kitchenware products.
I personally thought that that was a very positive statement.  Unlike Hewlett-Packard, with their nauseating "HP invent" slogan (these days, a complete pack of lies
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:09 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2020, 05:31 PM »
Phil, for the life of me I cannot get that txt file to convert to .xlsx.  Tried Save As, tried simple renaming, tried importing via the Data tab I normally pull CSV files in from.  Nothing.  Nada.  Nowt.
I'm very well versed in Excel (in fact I like to think I'm a bit of a geek, with pivot tables, macros etc) but this just isn't working.   Could I ask you to send me the excel file to my email please?

thanks
Robbo

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2020, 06:10 PM »
How very odd.  I have just tried, both from the attachment link and from the in-text link, and both open just fine.  My browser (Seamonkey) asks if I want to open with Notebook, I answer "no" and select "Other", browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14\, select "excel.exe", Excel says (paraphrase) "This is not a text file; are you sure ?", I answer "yes" and it opens.  Anyhow, will now send by e-mail.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 07:28 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Phil, so I just checked both Syed's Basic Curry and Madras recipes and I see a few differences. 

1. The Madras has the addition of 1 tsp paprika (slightly heaped?) (at 2:10 on the video), not in the Basic Curry
2. The Basic Curry uses 3-4 TBSP oil whereas the Madras calls for 2 TBSP
3. Kasuri methi is added to the Madras after the chicken, but before on the Basic Curry.   Doubt that's an issue.
4. Fresh green chillies added to the Basic Curry, not in the Madras
5. Basic Curry uses 'just under' 1/4 cup chopped onion.   A cup is 4 TBSP, so let's say that's 3 TBSP.  The Madras used 2 TBSP

Although the ingredient list at the start of the video says 1 tsp mix powder, Syed seems to add 1/4 tsp mix powder (2:00 on video).  So that's the same as the Basic Curry.  It's these uses of 1/4 tsp that I first noticed about Syed's dishes.  In others, I've mainly seen 1/4 tsp used for garam masala, or maybe other, more pungent / stronger spices such as extra-hot chili powder.  It's the subtlety I like.

Don't want to over-analyze.  Want to over-eat.

Robbo

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35 PM »
Many thanks for the feedback, Rob

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2020, 11:49 PM »
Robbo, you need to rename the file in a file manager, which may be tricky on an ipad. Not sure. Change filename.txt to filename.xlsx. You may get a warning but proceed anyway and the file should then show as an Excel file.

If you go back to your post via modify, within the allowed time, you will see your link is now seen twice, once inside the tags, and again outside. You then edit it to enter the text you want to appear to replace one, or you can just enter that way from the start. I can't recall which you change, inside or outside the tags.

©2024 Curry Recipes