Author Topic: Chickpeas  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Chickpeas
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:28 AM »
I am really not sure where this fits, curry or not curry, not BIR and yet as close to 'curry' as some can get right now.

So, my wife does not eat meat and on occasions, neither do I.  This week we both watched a news broadcast that highlighted that children, especially, are suffering in India, from both CV19 and the complete loss of income for workers, meaning their parents have NO way of providing food for their children.

This distressed us both.  I remember going to 'hunger meals' at school in the mid 70's, where I received a small bread role and some cheese but paid for a full school meal.. the difference going to charity, I can't remember which now but it was important at the time, even to me as a teenager.

Back to India and CV19, we were shown what some volunteers were cooking and providing as a daily meal for some few (40-60) children per day in an attempt to keep the children fed, 1 meal instead of 3 but at least something.  It reminded me of a 'simple' chickpea dish I make for my wife (yes, no attempt to get youtube views!).

I can add it to the Vegetable Curries section of the forums but it is not BIR, I never ordered this dish before I met my wife and I did only a few times in the decades before CV19 but she has liked it for years.

If you think it is relevant, reply, if not, I will keep it as a home recipe.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chickpeas
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 02:48 AM »
There is a traditional recipes section BAJ. I'd be interested because my daughter has a friend who has asked me on several occasions to make her a Chickpea curry.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 12:13 PM »
I remember going to 'hunger meals' at school in the mid 70's, where I received a small bread role and some cheese but paid for a full school meal..

They still have that .. but it's called Greggs now.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Oohhh, nasty, Santa.  I remember eating a Greggs sausage roll in Maidstone and thinking how good it was ...

©2024 Curry Recipes