Author Topic: Youtube poster  (Read 4507 times)

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Youtube poster
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Flicking through the Indian cooking videos on Youtube I came upon another restaurant chef posting his videos and I was quite impressed with the recipes, probably on par with the other two excellent chefs taking a break, British Ian and Latif, his name is  Fusion inspired so take  look I'll be interested what you think

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube poster
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:25 PM »
his name is  Fusion inspired so take  look I'll be interested what you think

He has 120K youtube subscribers, seems like a very pleasant chap and people writing comments seem to rate him highly. Some of his recipes may actually taste good but only as 'authentic' or traditional dishes cooked from scratch. So why does he often use words like "BIR Indian restaurant style"? They are not, apart from the fact he's standing in a BIR kitchen. My guess is that he's probably been successful in bringing extra guests to the restaurant. Assuming he's not in control, the owner probably gave him permission to film there, as long as he doesn't give away any restaurant secrets. In the Madras video he even says their mix powder is a secret.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube poster
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 11:23 PM »
From his description;
"I have been in the trade for over 25 years so I am thrilled to share this experience with you so I hope you enjoy watching the videos and cooking along with me."

Is an Indian Restaurant in Britain not a British Indian Restaurant?   No! Or at least not necessarily.  There is BIR and Indian Restaurant in Britain and some can be both while others aren't (apparently).  I see Johnny has a few "Restaurant style" videos but only two claiming to be "BIR" and they may well be.  He also has videos where he points out "not restaurant style" and "home style".  I haven't watched any so I don't know if uses the term BIR in his dialogue.

I'll have a better look when I get a chance but with Syed, Bengali, Shah and now this guy I'm running out of stomach space.

©2024 Curry Recipes