Author Topic: Kris dhillon help  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Andy1211

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Kris dhillon help
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:37 PM »
Hi all, I'm in need of advice. After a few hot hours standing over the cooker following The curry Secret (kris dhillon), I made the curry sauce base. Weighed everything and followed recipe precisely. The curry sauce is enough for 8 main dishes, however the main dishes require 15floz of sauce. So I divided my sauce into 15floz seprate tubs but have only ended up with 4 tubs. So that's only enough for 4 main dishes. I cant figure it out. I'm gutted as it took me ages doing this, feel really disheartened all that hard work for only 4 main meals. Thanks for reading, hopefully you guys can help me ????

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Kris dhillon help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Well, I'm a great fan of Kris Dhillon, so I will do my best to help.  I have three editions of KD1, but I will use the one dated MCMLXXXIX, as I think that that is the most common
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:10 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Online Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 07:01 PM »
The quantity of water is 2 3/4 pints or 56 floz + 8oz tin of toms, so 64 floz, plus a kilo of veg and 8Tbs oil which I very roughly guesstimate will make up another 50 or 60 floz, for a total of about 120 floz or 8 x 15floz portions. So it seems about right. Did you possibly confuse metric and imperial measurements at some point seeing as she confusingly mixes both measurements(is my only thought)?

Online Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Andy 1211, did you sort it? Genuinely intrigued as to what went wrong.

©2024 Curry Recipes