Author Topic: Syed's basic chicken curry and pilao rice  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Syed's basic chicken curry and pilao rice
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 11:09 AM »
You must really like that dinner plate Phil. I can't say I've ever bothered Aralditing a dinner plate back together and probably never will.

It's one of a pair, in what I think is called "earthstone", which means that I can put them in a hot oven to warm up with no risk of the glaze breaking up.  That's why I like them.  And I was rather proud of my repair ...

There is a picture of my Basic Chicken Curry over on Josephine from June 22.  It is the 3 pieces of chicken right at the top but unfortunately the gravy is under the Turmeric Rice.  You can however see, from the colour of the chicken pieces, that it is clearly a much lighter colour than yours.  I'll be doing another tomorrow.

I will take a look and report back.

[Update: 9 o'clock to 11 o'clock ?  If so, then I would say it's primarily down to lighting.  Remember the 5D has no integrated flash, I eat in the evening, and the room is lit by a single 18W overhead (but off-centre) LED light, so unless I do a lot of faffing around in Photoshop I am unlikely to get good colour rendition.  I'll re-photograph in natural light in a few minutes in the kitchen.  See above and below.]

** Phil.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:50 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Yep. Ok. Not too different. Your other pics made it appear much darker. All good and we are in the same game.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 08:12 PM »
OK, finished up the remains of last night's "Syed's basic chicken curry & pilao rice" and it was much much better than yesterday.  A great deal of evaporation had taken place, and the consistency was closer to that of a bhuna than a simple curry, but as a result the flavours of the spices were much intensified, and I enjoyed this evening's meal very much.  I have in the meantime asked Syed about the capacity of his ladle and am now trying to decide whether to risk another go at his Madras (bearing in mind the lesson learned from the basic curry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:01 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes