Author Topic: Chicken tikka  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Chicken tikka
« on: July 27, 2020, 09:51 PM »
As some members may know, I purchased a Tepro steak grill in December of last year, with the sole intention of using it to make chicken tikka and tandoori chicken.  In fact, I haven't even bothered with tandoori chicken, using it only for making chicken tikka and seekh kebabs (and cooking chapati) and as I finished off yet another batch of chicken tikka this evening I reflected on the simple pleasure that this has given me.  I occasionally cooked chicken tikka before acquiring the Tepro, but it involved a great deal of faffing around with barbecues and suchlike, and to be honest it wasn't really worth the effort.  But the Tepro makes the whole thing so simple as to be beyond belief.  Skewer five pieces of marindaded chicken on a 21" 8mm stainless steel skewer, fire up the grill (push-button electric ignition, so stable within ten seconds), leave the gas flow on minimum, place the grilling shelf two or three slots below the highest available with a tray half-full of water a couple of slots below that, put the skewer on the shelf, rotate through 90 degrees after a couple of minutes, repeat until all four sides are done, remove skewer, insert chapati (dampened and folded in half), cook for ten seconds on each of the four faces, and serve with home-made mint raita.  Sheer heaven, ready in less than ten minutes, as good as that served in any BIR and better than most.  Bliss.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:23 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken tikka
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 05:21 PM »
I also have recently developed a slight obsession with chicken tikka.  That little Tepro looks good. We don

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken tikka
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:59 PM »
Ah, Mae-sri Panang curry paste
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:27 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes