Author Topic: Andy's onion garlic paste  (Read 9476 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Andy's onion garlic paste
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Thanks guys. I was dimly aware of some kind of falling out between the owners of the two forums but didn't realise this Andy was the guy in question. I tried RCR and didn't like it - too much begging-bowl thrust in your face at every turn. Good luck to him though.

Having read some of those threads I don't think I'll bother with cooking the paste.  I was actually wondering if it bore any relation to the mysterious paste in H4ppy-Chris's long awaited e-book base sauce. Other recipes can take priority.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Tried the Natco version when i first came across it.  No significant improvement given the effort required.

If anyone is interested, the Natco / "M" version from that period is archived here.
** Phil.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Having read some of those threads I don't think I'll bother with cooking the paste.  I was actually wondering if it bore any relation to the mysterious paste in H4ppy-Chris's long awaited e-book base sauce. Other recipes can take priority.
It's quite interesting reading some of the early threads and comparing the info in them to those posted today. As many spats then as there are today  ::) Not unlike life really  ;D
As for H4ppy's e-book, Julian's will be out shortly so Chris will be able to confirm whether he will finally release his or not subject to any duplicate content  ;D
Whatever people's opinion of the Chris's e-book project, I do hope it gets published.  I doubt that for many it will be breaking new ground, but i'm sure there'll be some interesting info in it.  Given the effort put in with the videos and recipes it deserves success and will be a reference text along with CBM's for any newcomer to cooking BIR .  I think the H4ppy naan has done a lot for it's potential success along with Sam's involvement.  All we have to do now is wait  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes