Author Topic: Chicken in oil  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Ekram_123

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken in oil
« on: August 19, 2020, 01:41 PM »
Hi all

I recently saw a video of a chef in an Indian take away taking chicken out from under the counter from what I can make it out to be a tub full of oil. My question is why was it filled with oil? My own chicken I pre cook it before we open and just keep it in tubs and take out when we need.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken in oil
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:32 PM »
No offence intended, Ekram, but you seem to be asking a lot of questions which should probably have been answered before you started selling to the public.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 04:36 PM »
I recently saw a video of a chef in an Indian take away taking chicken out from under the counter from what I can make it out to be a tub full of oil. My question is why was it filled with oil? My own chicken I pre cook it before we open and just keep it in tubs and take out when we need.

It was possibly not oil but "pre-cook juice", as it were.  Certainly when I pre-cook my chicken using Syed's method, the resulting juice is very oily, and it would make sense to retain this juice as a near-sterile medium in which to store the chicken.  As time goes on you will accumulate more and more of this juice, to the point where your pre-cooked chicken can be completely submerged in it, which will (a) keep the chicken moist, (b) inhibit decomposition, and (c) allow more flavour to infuse.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Read Misty Ricardo's pre-cooked chicken instructions.

Offline Ekram_123

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 09:34 PM »
Hi! Dw no offence taken thank you for your input ????

Offline Ekram_123

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 09:36 PM »
What a brilliant idea I

©2024 Curry Recipes