Author Topic: Restaurant recommendations  (Read 3456 times)

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Restaurant recommendations
« on: August 22, 2020, 08:15 PM »
I was just looking down the restaurants that have been recommended and was amazed how far these went back, some were 2008 and wondered how many of these are still trading in 2020, I doubt if many are.  It appears that my old favourite that we have been using since the early 1980s, Adils in Sparkhill, Birmingham is no longer open since the lockdown, neither are many more from the Balti triangle, which used to be the central hub of Indian restaurants. So sad!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurant recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Sad indeed, Anita.  Did you read The last days of Brick Lane

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Hi, yes I did Phil and found it really interesting and made me consider a few more pointers why these places were closing down too. I really believe a lot of the restaurants started to get too complacent and standards started to drop dramatically, where we live now there must be ten curry restaurants and to be honest there's not one that I'd say was good. The problem is a lot of people are willing to just go and pay through the nose for inferior food and service. The amount of times I have sent food back because it was bland, too salty, too sweet and have been met with total indifference as if it's the norm and the prices have risen dramatically too over the last couple of years so that's another nail in the coffin for this industry..

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 03:41 PM »
Previous follow-ups moved to "Valid grounds for complaint".

©2024 Curry Recipes