Author Topic: Valid grounds for complaint  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Valid grounds for complaint
« on: August 25, 2020, 05:33 PM »
The amount of times I have sent food back because it was bland, too salty, too sweet and have been met with total indifference

If you're sending food back for these reasons then it's no wonder you have been met with indifference. all these things are subjective. If you send food back because, for instance, the chicken isn't cooked, then fine - but one person's salty is another person's not salty enough; one person's sweet is another person's not sweet enough etc.

Personally, I'd have banned you  :like:

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Valid grounds for complaint
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Well, once again Garp, you and I will have to agree to differ.  I would have no compunction whatsoever about sending a dish back as being over-salted

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:09 PM »
I'd ban you too.

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 06:15 AM »
Garp, you wouldn't have to ban me, I wouldn't have returned anyway but I'd certainly would have liked an edible meal to make the visit worthwhile. You do me an injustice to think that I would complain about a mediocre meal, I am talking about real failings here, would you prefer your Customers to just say nothing but just leave the meal and still pay for it?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 03:28 PM »
It depends how bland, salty or sweet they were; and whether it was only you who thought that.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Since this is now 'Valid grounds for complaint' may I send the so-called moderator back? He doesn't meet with my expectations and is, frankly, an appalling thing to be served up to anyone expecting a reasonable service.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 11:02 PM »
Since this is now 'Valid grounds for complaint' may I send the so-called moderator back?

Of course you may, Garp.  In this establishment, we pride ourselves on the fact that even the most obnoxious customer is always right, so just have a word with the manager (Mr Yousef) and I am sure that you will receive a full refund and a profuse apology into the bargain.

He doesn't meet with my expectations and is, frankly, an appalling thing to be served up to anyone expecting a reasonable service.

I am very sorry to learn that, but only Mr Yousef himself can deal with disciplinary matters of this degree of severity, so I really must ask you to take up your complaint with him personally.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:18 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 04:03 PM »
"It depends how bland, salty or sweet they were; and whether it was only you who thought that."

Presuming I'd probably be the only person being served that particular dish at the time, how would you decide? Would you taste it yourself, and declare that yes, it was too salty or no, it wasn't salty enough for your taste so get out of my Establishment and don't darken my door again! Considering I've been going to Adils, Birmingham regularly from 1982 and been going to Goa for three months for the last twenty years, I think I know what's an acceptable curry.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Considering I've been going to Adils, Birmingham regularly from 1982 and been going to Goa for three months for the last twenty years, I think I know what's an acceptable curry.

What has going to the most tourist restaurant in Birmingham and the most tourist area of India got to do with knowledge about curry?

And, the point you seem to miss is that it is SUBJECTIVE. Just your opinion. Not a fact. Not a reality.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 11:54 AM »
Now the Garp, keep on at it  :like:

©2024 Curry Recipes