Author Topic: Syed  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Syed
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:58 PM »
This time with bone-in chicken thighs.  Delicious, although I think I had better results with chicken breast pieces and tenderloins.  Maybe because the pieces were less chunky.

Still great for a Sunday afternoon snack out in the sunshine with a cool glass of white.

Robbo

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Syed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 06:22 PM »
I haven't tried chicken tikka with anything other than breast, Robbo, but I am now using (a variant of) Syed's chicken tikka recipe all the time, and the results I am getting are far better than the tikka I received in an award-winning BIR restaurant in Newquay only a couple of days ago.  Basically I follow Syed's methodology and recipe but substitute a mixture of Laziza tandoori masala and Laziza takka botti for the Patak's paste(s) that he uses in his video, and cook my tikka pieces (the larger the better) on 8mm square-section skewers in my Tepro steak grill with the heat set at tickover.

P.S. (added after mixing the left-over pulao rice from the same restaurant with my own left-over Syed's pulao rice as part of dinner this evening)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:17 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:56 PM »
I

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Tikka with or without the yogurt?

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 10:56 PM »
Tikka always marinated with the yoghurt, and the 2 pastes and mint sauce, per Syed

©2024 Curry Recipes