Author Topic: Hello to All from a Scot in Canada  (Read 1670 times)

Offline designerdave

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hello to All from a Scot in Canada
« on: September 19, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Hi folks,

I was formerly a member and haven't been able to re-activate my old account. Not to worry, I said nothing interesting whatsoever on that account anyway.

In the part of Canada which I live (a small town called Niagara On The Lake) the food scene has picked up vastly in the last 5 years or so. More options nearby like Niagara Falls for example - but nothing like a "REAL" British Indian curry ...  :Clown: from my home town of Glasgow

I have had a go over the years at a few recipes but without the key "base gravy". I do grow my own chilies (ghost, reapers, morugas plus regular jalapenos, etc), the local garlic is incredible and I ferment a lot of stuff these days as well.

It's not too easy to get hold of my favourite meats - lamb, mutton and goat but it can be done.

Anyway, glad to be here and delighted to have access again the one of the most amazing Indian food resources on the net

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to All from a Scot in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 08:30 PM »
Welcome back, Dave.  I spent some time in Ontario between 1985 and 1990, and knew that I had take take my own suet, demerara sugar, Bovril and a few other essentials with me, but I don't remember finding lamb, goat or mutton hard to come by

Offline Gaspodia

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to All from a Scot in Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Anyway, glad to be here and delighted to have access again the one of the most amazing Indian food resources on the net

Welcome back :)  I only joined a few days ago, but I've found it to be an absolute treasure trove of recipes, tips and advice.

©2024 Curry Recipes