Poll

If we had a Facebook group, would you use it?

Yes
2 (25%)
No
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 03, 2020, 07:55 PM

Author Topic: Facebook question  (Read 3704 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook question
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Go have a look Mr Garp, and see what you think.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook question
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 07:49 PM »
This is one of quite a few FaceBook curry groups. There's Curry Club, The Secret Curry Club, The Curry Club (Home Cooking) and others. They are popular. The biggest one has somewhere around 50K members. They are all quite active. There are some that have been here and on the other forum participating. It's a mix of accomplished cooks, beginners and everything in between.

The biggest differences, I think, are the volume of traffic (much higher), and the diversity of participants.  There's a lot enthusiasm and the desire to cook and share. There's also a lot of uninformed opinion. There are trolls. There are spats. But they tend to get drowned out by the volume. The concept of a flame war doesn't really exist.

It's hopelessly disorganized. It doesn't have the carefully managed library of recipes that one would find here. The search function works pretty well though. I suspect Facebook licenses technology from Google.

I think of it as a huge party with many, many conversations going on at once. I have met some truly excellent cooks and all around nice people in these groups. It is, like anything, going to give back in proportion to what you put into it.

I'm a little old school and do prefer forums for their structure but there are some really good on-topic FB groups out there.

Maybe it's time that CRO ventured into the Facebook world. Could be fun and attract more curry fans with whom we can share thoughts etc. Something to look into Mr Owner?
Great idea, i have created a poll to check if we can have enough early adopters to be able scale and grow a facebook group

©2024 Curry Recipes