Author Topic: Chicken Tikka/Tandoori (Illustrated!)  (Read 44929 times)

Online ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka/Tandoori (Illustrated!)
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Hi all, i have tried various tikka recipies from cro & anywhere else i could find them, using a hot oven with the tikka suspended, & also the method of finishing them in a pan. Layne's tikka photos for me looked pretty much spot on, but mine, although flavour-wise are fine, have that grainy texture, maybe from the yoghurt? i have tried removing excess marinade before cooking, but still the grainy texture is there...can anyone help me with this?
thanks in advance
elw

Offline korant

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 03:11 PM »
seems a waste to discard all of the marinade.

anyone ever cook with it or find a way to use it?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 03:59 PM »
seems a waste to discard all of the marinade.  anyone ever cook with it or find a way to use it?
Yes !  See here.
** Phil.

Offline korant

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30 PM »
thanks.

i'll try your method and also adding in some of the meat drippings before reducing.

indian demiglace

Offline mydigitalvoid

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40 PM »
This was the first recipe I tried on the forums and was very happy with the results!  It was pretty involved (at least for me) but I had fun doing it and learned a lot.  When I went the the Indian Grocery Store the gentleman behind the counter kept trying to push the pre-made packages onto me, he didn't quite understand that I was trying to do this without the use of pre-made boxes.  I also made the mint sauce that was posted with this recipe and have to say, I'm going to figure out other uses for that stuff, because it's amazing.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Hello ELW

you could be the first to try my recipe http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5829.0

Cheers

Mick

Offline Puri-Puri Man

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46 AM »
As pastes are not readily used or available in my neck of the woods, I would very much like to have a go at this recipe. Your recipe mentions the optional use of red chillies. What type of chillies do you use? Also, I'd like to try a few of Julian's recipes that call for "magic sauce." Do you think your marinade would work as a substitute?

©2024 Curry Recipes